Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No to PFD - Why?

tag
ALUMINEX
Valued Member

No to PFD - Why?

I just contacted a collection agency that put a valid medical collection on my account.  The amount is for $92.00 and it's bringing down my score.  I was very calm and didn't claim the debt and also made it very clear that I want to pay this account off.  My only requirement is the record be deleted from my credit report.

The lady acted like she didn't know what a PFD was and would need to talk to her manager.  She called me back twenty minutes later with her answer.  The manager said the record would not be deleted but only marked as paid.

I don't understand this at all... what motivation would they have for not doing a PFD?  They want money and I want the record deleted.

6/18/17
FICO8 -- Equifax:646 TransUnion:633 Experian:635
Mortgage -- Equifax:573 TransUnion:592 Experian:554
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: No to PFD - Why?

Read through this thread (click here) and you'll see why! 

Message 2 of 3
GoodCredBen
Valued Contributor

Re: No to PFD - Why?

For a medical collection, you can go the HIPPA way once its paid though.... google it!

My credit journey has completed. I am currently sitting at 800+ across the board.

I started my journey here years ago, and thanks to MyFico, it really is possible.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.