Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Noooo, 83 Point Decrease....... WHY???

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Noooo, 83 Point Decrease....... WHY???

I've been working on my credit for the past 6 months and have slowly been climbling the ladder. My original eq score was about a 520. I cracked the 600 club about a week ago. I've been using Myfico and Creditkarma to check my scores . Today when I logged into CK my score had dropped 83 points. This has got to be a mistake. I havn't missed one payment. I have added new accounts and everything is in good standing. The only thing that has change was the age of my credit history. I had a collection deleted. My average age of credit history was 3.67 years. Now its  2.8 years. There is no way that could drop my score 83 points. I figured it would go up because of the deleted collection. Someone please tell me credit karma has made a mistake and my score has not dropped 83 points. It hasnt changed on myfico some I'm hoping there was a glitch......... :'''(

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Noooo, 83 Point Decrease....... WHY???

wowww!!!! I think I just found out what hit my credit.......... I think I'm in student loan hell right now

Message 2 of 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

wowww!!!! I think I just found out what hit my credit.......... I think I'm in student loan hell right now

Ok, wow... FYI only OC open and closed accounts are factored into AAoA with Fico. CK only uses open accounts.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

CreditKarma scores are not real FICO scores. Mine have been as much as 100 lower on CK as my real FICO scores.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.