cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nordstrom/ Sentry Credit Collections... PFD?

tag
elletrain
Established Member

Nordstrom/ Sentry Credit Collections... PFD?

I have a new collections account that has recently popped up on my report from Nordstroms related to their debit card. This is from 4 years ago. It's now in the hands of the collections agency Sentry Credit. The amount due is $450. I have enough $ to PIF. Just wanting advice on best course of action as I have never tried a PFD. Is a PFD the best option? Should I try to settle for less? Any thoughts welcome.

Cap 1 $750- Cap 1 $500- Capital One Spark Business $750- Fingerhut $850- Walmart $700- Matrix $400- Victoria's Secret $250, LOFT $250, Express $250
EX-515 ( 1/14)
EQ- 546 (1/14)
TU- 591 ( 1/14)
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
monicabang
Established Member

Re: Nordstrom/ Sentry Credit Collections... PFD?

I had the same issue. I called Nordstrom's to see if they could still pull up my account and luckily they could so I paid them directly. They said they would contact Sentry Credit  to have the collection pulled back. I wasn't sure if that would remove the TL or not but it did from all 3 credit bureus.

So my advice is call Nordstrom's first to see if you can just take care of it direct with them and maybe they can just have Sentry pull the account back which may or may not remove the TL. Good Luck!

Message 2 of 12
elletrain
Established Member

Thanks for the info! I will definitely contact them directly.

Cap 1 $750- Cap 1 $500- Capital One Spark Business $750- Fingerhut $850- Walmart $700- Matrix $400- Victoria's Secret $250, LOFT $250, Express $250
EX-515 ( 1/14)
EQ- 546 (1/14)
TU- 591 ( 1/14)
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did this work for you also? I'm in a similar  situation with Nordstrom.

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a CO account with Nordstrom and they would not do a pay for delete.  If you have any luck with them please let me know.  My account falls off this December so I'm not too worried about it but it'd be nice. 

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

i work for nordstrom ( not in credit) that really suprises me they wouldnt do a PFD. call back and speak with someone up the line. we are all about customer service. if you need help let me know. i may be able to find out who you would need to get into contact with.

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

My only hesitation is the representative at Nordstrom I was dealing with said they'd do the CFD but wouldn't give me anything in writing because of using an outside collections company. I'm more than happy to pay the amount in collections but would like some guarantee the collections activity will be removed. Since Nordstroms would be making the request, to the collections company they contracted, for the removal I'm having an issue with them not saying this is a CFD in writing. Otherwise they could take the funds and do nothing.

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wanted to relay an update. True to their word, it's been just under three weeks and the remark is off my credit report. Not Bad!!!

Message 8 of 12
AKO17
Regular Contributor

I'm in the same boat as well. Sentry will not send me anything in writing but states after 30-90 days they "stop reporting to each bureau" and in so many words, said I should see the collection removed from my account. They also explicitly stated they do not do PFD when I asked outright, so I'm not sure what all of this means. My account is under 30 days old and I'm willing to pay the full amount owed. What is CFD and do I have any other options here?
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Keep calling Nordstromes until you find someone that will work with you. They gave me the same run around. Nordstrom wants paid as much as you want it off your record. I paid them directly.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.