Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not An Installment Loan

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not An Installment Loan

Hello!

I have been reading and learning here lately as I try to rebuild my credit. It's a long and confusing road and I appreciate the help.

My question is regarding an item listed as an installment loan in default on my report for Experian. This is actually a medical bill from 2011 that I have disputed. It was removed from Transunion, never showed up on Equifax at all. Previously it was listed as in collections on Experian but now I look and its showing up as an installment loan fromMarch of 2014???? My score that I have been trying so hard to work on dropped 25 points and this must be why because nothing else has changed. What do I do? The collection agency is Capio Partners, should I call them?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
taxi818
Super Contributor

Re: Not An Installment Loan

Then what are you calling it? Is it your bill or not. . Is the real question. If not dispute. If so settle or pay. That's how you must look at it. 

Message 2 of 4
itswink
New Contributor

If it being reported incorrectly, you can dispute it. Dispute is not only reserved for something that isnt yours.

Write a letter to the CRA explaining why it is being reported incorrectly and tell them you would like it updated or removed.

Since it is medical, if that dispute doesnt get it removed, google the HIPAA process. It cannot be discussed here, you must search elsewhere.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Itswink, that is exactly what I needed to know. I will write that letter and read up on HIPPA as it relates to credit scores. Thanks again for your time

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.