cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not eligible for NFCU, next best option?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Not eligible for NFCU, next best option?

Call in and speak with them. Very friendly and easy to talk with. Be ready to honestly explain questions they have. Even if you aren't able to successfully recon, they may give you helpful info about applying in the future
Message 11 of 48
Brickbybrick
Regular Contributor

You can give American Express Every Day Credit Card a shot? I got approved with a 667 EXP
5/27/17 Experian: 679 Equifax: 628 TransUnion: 630
Cap1 QS:600 Credit One: 600 Merrick Bank: 550 Amex: 500 JCrew: 250
Message 12 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

As tempting as it is.  I don't want any more inquiries.  I have 2 on each report now.  I will garden a bit more and try some recons.  Eventually it will work out.  My self lender just showed up today as well.  So that is another new account, and I will need to let it age as it dropped my score a bit more.   At least I now have 3 open accounts. 

Message 13 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Well I am going to have to garden a bit. Chase, discover & now penfed all denied me with scores above 650. 2 pd tax liens, and only 2 - 6.5 yr old collections that will fall off or I will ask for EE in a few more months. Collections are not on EQ report though, so only pd tax liens.

Will try to Recon, but I am doubtful. Any advice on how to recon Penfed?
Penfed will send out a survey fill it out express your surprise and disappointment that you were denied credit ask if you could speak to a loan officer. They are usually good about doing this and many have had success at getting a denial overturned on recon.
Message 14 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did receive a survey after I sent my email.  Waiting to see if they respond to my email first.  Then I will complete the survey.  Crossing my fingers!!!  I have had a string of bad luck.  So I need it.

Message 15 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

As tempting as it is.  I don't want any more inquiries.  I have 2 on each report now.  I will garden a bit more and try some recons.  Eventually it will work out.  My self lender just showed up today as well.  So that is another new account, and I will need to let it age as it dropped my score a bit more.   At least I now have 3 open accounts. 

You have great willpower.  Smiley Happy  A lot of us, myself included, have more than that in INQs.  At one point in time, I had 20+ INQ across all 3 bureaus.  Since I've been gardening, a lot of them have fallen off and I expect that most of them will be gone by the end of the year. 

Message 16 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

It is so hard to fight an app spree when you want (and need more open accts). I think I'll bribe my son to open an nfcu so that I can get in. Is the checking account a hardpull or a softpull?
Message 17 of 48
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

Hard pull
Message 18 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Well I am going to have to garden a bit. Chase, discover & now penfed all denied me with scores above 650. 2 pd tax liens, and only 2 - 6.5 yr old collections that will fall off or I will ask for EE in a few more months. Collections are not on EQ report though, so only pd tax liens.

Will try to Recon, but I am doubtful. Any advice on how to recon Penfed?

You should be able to dispute those tax liens off your report. Many folks are having success doing that as starting in July there is some new rules kicking it regaring  the National Consumer Assistance Plan settlement.

Message 19 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

I successfully disputed off TU & EX.  EQ I disputed twice.  They refuse to remove them.  GRRR!!!!  Patiently waiting for July and praying they drop off.

Message 20 of 48
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.