Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not past SOL, what to do?

tag
delayedinsanity
Regular Contributor

Not past SOL, what to do?

Hello all, it's been awhile since I've posted here. Last time I was on here my credit was fantastic, and then my wife and I went through some serious financial hardships and now I've got about the worst credit you could have, thanks to a major delinquency, a minor delinquency and some late payments.

I have a small debt with a utility for $65 that wasn't forwarded to me after I moved, which is no excuse, but I could have easily paid it had I realized I was forgetting it. Now it's in collections. I called the gas company and they said I could pay them and they would report it paid to the CO. I called the CO and asked if I could have it removed if I paid in full, and they gave me the "we only report accuracte information" line. It's nowhere near SOL as this is a recent debt.

So despite having a small grasp on PFD and GW I am still at a loss as to exact procedure. Do I try and PFD the CO a few times before just paying it, or do I just pay it and then start sending regular GW letters? Do I pay the gas company and GW them instead? The line is reported by the CO, not the utility. 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Not past SOL, what to do?

Did you ask the OC if they would be willing to pull back the acccount from the CA?

Message 2 of 6
trying_to_B_good
Contributor

@guiness56 wrote:

Did you ask the OC if they would be willing to pull back the acccount from the CA?

This is a great idea! I don't know why i've never even thought about that!  But OP yes pay the debt if they don't withdraw it, and send them GW letters...but first try calling a few times....maybe even ask for the lead manager or something....takes a few tries, and then again, some companies just won't budge.

Hope the best for ya! GOOD LUCK!

AUBURN

Message 3 of 6
delayedinsanity
Regular Contributor

@guiness56 wrote:

Just attempted this via email and regular mail. Will update if anything happens. Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 6
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@delayedinsanity wrote:

@guiness56 wrote:

Just attempted this via email and regular mail. Will update if anything happens. Smiley Happy

In the future, usually these kinds of things are easier to negotiate and do on the phone Smiley Happy

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 5 of 6
delayedinsanity
Regular Contributor

@rckstrscott wrote:

In the future, usually these kinds of things are easier to negotiate and do on the phone Smiley Happy

-scott

Which is still something I can do, but I wanted to have something in writing. I have already been on the phone with them and they said that I can pay them directly, but at the time I didn't think of asking them if they would pull the account from the CA  upon receipt. 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.