Regular Contributor
darrello

Not reporting dispute! UPDATED!

[ Edited ]
Does anyone know or have reference to the penalties and fines for a CA not reporting an account is in dispute, with the CRA's?

Message Edited by darrello on 06-25-2008 11:15 AM

Message Edited by darrello on 06-25-2008 11:17 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Not reporting dispute!

Google "FDCPA" or "FCRA" and read them. It will tell.

Willfull noncompliance is $1000 per event, but I don't think it applies to all violations, FDCPA/FCRA will tell which sections it applies to.

How long since you disputed?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Free Annual Reports, Freq. Requested Threads, 5 Things We Don't Talk About, Common Abbreviations, Where do I start?, State Resources
Regular Contributor
darrello

It's been at least 45 days. I sent first and second DV. They responded with an invoice on their letter head, but I had asked for full media validation. I noticed on my CR's that they did not submit that it was being disputed though. I am trying to catch them on anything. This debt is 6 yrs old, and past SOL.
Regular Contributor
darrello

So I sent letters to the BBB and the AG regarding Portfolio's negligence in not reporting a dispute to the CRA's I have DV'd them twice, and they have failed to report the account in dispute. I checked TC today and they are gone from Exp. They never reported to EQ, so, now I'm hoping that they will be gone from TU soon. Last CA I have on my reports. Time to start the credit gardening!

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}