Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not sure how to handle Jefferson Capital

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not sure how to handle Jefferson Capital

I have Jefferson Capital reporting to all 3 CRA's.  It is for a Charged off Gettington (webbank) account.

Right now it looks like I  can still make payments through gettington's website.  I called Gettington and the rep said not to pay Gettington directly and handle it with jefferson.

How should I proceed with this?  At this point I have not made any contact with Jefferson.  I do not recall receivieng anything from them but it's possible that I overlooked it.

I have the funds available to pay the amount in full but want to do it in a manner that works out best for my credit.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Not sure how to handle Jefferson Capital

From my searching about Jefferson Capital it looks like if I send a simple DV there is a chance that they will just delete it.  That would be great but then I'm worried the debt will just pop up again on my credit report either by JC again or by another collector.  So I would like to pay it off also.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.