cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not sure if I should be celebrating or worried?

tag
NWintellectual
Regular Contributor

Not sure if I should be celebrating or worried?

I woke up this morning to a SW email stating that some balances on one of my CO accounts had changed. My old Plains Commerce Bank card updated. Previously, they had been double reporting to EQ and reporting different balances to EQ and TU at the same time. I sent them a 623 Dispute on 2/28 CMRRR, calling them out for their shenanigans. Out of curiousity, I pulled an official report from EQ to verify the changes were indeed made. It looks like they now decided to report the full balance of the CO (previously zero) to EQ. Upon seeing this, I tried to call them and verify the information. The nice CSR could not find any information in their system for the account (even if I had the whole 16 digit number) other than it had been sold to some JDB, the "open date" she had was 12/31/1969.

• Can you follow one 623 dispute after another? If the account was sold, then it needs to reflect zero balance IIRC.
  • Or should I move to CB disputes, followed by an MOV response (if dispute comes back verified)?

But that's not all I discovered! Three of my CA accounts were gone.

• EOS-CCA (x2):  I had two accounts related to old ATT cell phone bills there. The amounts were $501 and $273. Last month, I sent one of the managers an email regarding this account requesting validation and she very kindly provided me with email copies of the last billing statements from each account a few days later. Last night (Friday) I sent her an email back offering a settlement from a previous letter they had mailed me but I was unable to accept at the time. But lo! I check the collection section of my EQ report and they are not there, but were there back in December (the date of my last EQ pull).
    • I feel kind of dumb sending the settlement offer if they are no longer reporting, could I ask them (assuming they take the offer), to not reinsert the collection as a condition of any payment?
  • GC Services: This CA just popped on the radar at the beginning of March (although it appears report date is 2/27). This was for an old $90 PGE power bill in California at my last address which for some reason never got forwarded to my new address in Seattle. But as soon as I did hear of it, I called the OC arranged for payment directly with them. The rep I spoke with on the phone said she could not instruct to delete, only to update to PIF. I then called the CA and verified they got the update, again asking whether they could delete given I had paid it 4 days after it hit my report, again she said no, only update to PIF. But when I checked EQ today, they were gone.
    • Should I be happy or worried they will re-report?

ETA:  All 3 collection accounts gone from TU as well! 2 out of 3, I think that counts as a success. Also got my TU FICO (from bank) of 567. That's 30 points in a month!

Starting Score (2/15/14): TU 533 (myFICO) | EQ 509 (myFICO)
Latest score (4/5/14): TU 541 (Lender) | EQ 562 (SW) | EX 576 (myFICO)
Goal Score by 9/30/14: 620+ | Goal Score by 6/30/15: 700+
-----
My wallet:
US Bank LanPass Secured $500 | US Bank HD Secured $300 | Fingerhut $200 | Local CU $1000
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Not sure if I should be celebrating or worried?

Have they had time to respond to your 623?  Give them the 30 days allowed.  If they don't respond they are in violation.

Yes, a sold account must be 0.

You have already disputed directly with the furnisher of the information.  This dispute (623) and a CRA dispute are the same, the 623 just leaves the CRA out of it.  If you were to now dispute with the CRA they could just throw it out as frivilous. 

If the creditor doesn't correct the reporting or does not reply in the required time, sue them.  That will get their attention.

Message 2 of 5
NWintellectual
Regular Contributor

@guiness56 wrote:

Have they had time to respond to your 623?  Give them the 30 days allowed.  If they don't respond they are in violation.

Yes, a sold account must be 0.

You have already disputed directly with the furnisher of the information.  This dispute (623) and a CRA dispute are the same, the 623 just leaves the CRA out of it.  If you were to now dispute with the CRA they could just throw it out as frivilous. 

If the creditor doesn't correct the reporting or does not reply in the required time, sue them.  That will get their attention.

No response yet, just the "update" in reporting. I'll wait until 30 days have passed (4 April) and send an "Intent to Sue" letter.

Starting Score (2/15/14): TU 533 (myFICO) | EQ 509 (myFICO)
Latest score (4/5/14): TU 541 (Lender) | EQ 562 (SW) | EX 576 (myFICO)
Goal Score by 9/30/14: 620+ | Goal Score by 6/30/15: 700+
-----
My wallet:
US Bank LanPass Secured $500 | US Bank HD Secured $300 | Fingerhut $200 | Local CU $1000
Message 3 of 5
randyrhodes
Established Contributor

I would wait an additional 5 days before I sent my intent to sue letter. They may push it till the last day. As long as its postmarked by April 4 they would be in compliance I believe. Best of luck on this.
Message 4 of 5
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Yes, randy is correct.  It could take up to 40 days with mail time and all that also.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.