Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not sure what debt is for...

tag
Speedjunkiejp
Established Member

Not sure what debt is for...

I have a debt from ACS on my record and I am unsure of what it is. I started typing up a DV letter but noticed everyone stating if medical then another route is better. How do I know if it is medical or not? I am unsure, I wasn't living in the state but my ex was.
6/27/2014 Start

Starting Score: 549
Current Score: 549
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Re: Not sure what debt is for...

Does it say who the OC is?

How to tell if its medical? You look at the name of the OC. And see if it has any words like hospital,doctor, lab or medical services.

Or when in doubt, google the name. Also should have OC's contact information, like an address and/or phone number.

Some people have had luck with the "HIPAA process", some have not. You would have to had paid the OC, not the CA for it to work.

It is using the health laws, to get the CA removed. The process has to be followed in order.

If you want to know more about this information google "HIPAA process". That info is no longer posted on this site. 

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 2 of 4
Noneya
Valued Member

Do you/did you ever have student loans?  ACS is my current loan servicer for my student loans......

Message 3 of 4
Speedjunkiejp
Established Member

I googled it but no hint either. It also didnt have OC. I broke down and called and it turns out to be a medical bill from my ex wife but date of services rendered were after date of divorce. They told me who OC was and advised me to contact them. Called OC and they are removing my name today and passing info on to CA. Woot... they only reported to TU anyways.

Only two more collections to go. Sending PFD's today after work, keep your fingers crossed for me.

Also are the goals I have listed below to conservative?

6/27/2014 Start

Starting Score: 549
Current Score: 549
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.