cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not sure what my next move is...

tag
sdestiny10

Not sure what my next move is...

In August of last year I had a auto loan repo and in the mist of all of that was going to file bankruptcy.  I retain a lawyer and notified all my creditors of the possible bankruptcy.  I never filed the bankruptcy and now all the credit lines and repo are reporting charged off.  I haven't had any further collection attempts from any of the creditors.  I really want to clean my credit up and I am not sure where to start being that everything is now charged off.  Can anyone give me advise on what to do from here.  I would really like to rebuild my credit.  Is it possible to send pfd letters when the account is charged off?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
K_J
Regular Contributor

Re: Not sure what my next move is...

I don't have the answer to your question, but what was the reason for not following thru with the BK?

Starting Score: EQ: 532, EX: 569, TU: 621 (All lender pull 10/15/11)
Score: EQ: 660,lender pull 4/13, EX: 671 lender pull 4/13, TU: 691 lender pull (4/13)
, current Score (3/16/17) EQ: 724. Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 3
sdestiny10

Re: Not sure what my next move is...

I did not follow through with the bankruptcy because my repo'd car sold for more than I thought it would and I only owed a small amount on the loan that I could have paid eventually.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.