Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not sure what this means

tag
Speedwagon
Valued Member

Not sure what this means

An account I settled on over a year ago, I've been trying to get removed all together recently.  I sent them a GW letter, to which they responded that if they updated the account, it would no longer show a $0 balance.

I thought I might try the money approach, so I offered them some money for them to delete the account.  Their response to this, is:

"Please be advised that your account is now being handled by our collection groups.  We Apologize for the inconvenience.  For information regarding this account, please our Customer Assistance Team at #, days, hours, or you can email us through our website at *.com.  Thank you for contacting us about your account."

Their response really doesn't address anything I stated in my last letter to them.  What does this mean for the account now, and what should I do about it?  Try another PFD letter?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Not sure what this means

So you settled, and they waived collection on a balance?

Collection agencies really only use boilerplate, so when your situation is odd, they don't really have a way to handle it.  Sounds like they might be considering going after you for the balance, or they (at least) may be willing to consider the PFD.

Keep an eye on it, deal with it as soon as you can if it looks like they're coming after you for the balance.  Regardless of that, keep making the PFD offer.  If they keep rejecting it, then you're no worse off (as long as they're not trying to collect on the balance after settlement).

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.