Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not sure what to do about NCO

tag
natashahol
Valued Member

Not sure what to do about NCO

I got a letter from NCO yesterday that says "We have previously notified you about the above referenced account which remains unpaid. A credit reporting agency has indicated that an inquiry has been made on your report. We hope that you are now in a better position to pay the above account."

It does not have a due date. I am pretty sure that this is not mine, but I am not sure. They are not reporting to any credit bureaus.

What can I do to keep them from adding this to my report.

I found a letter from them that they sent last year (the exact same letter) when I got my car. I never responded that letter and they never put the account on my credit reports.

Should I contact them and try to get a settlement?

Should I ignore it and hope for the best?

Should I DV them? (not sure what to say since they are not reporting)

Any suggestions or previous experiences with them would be very helpful.

Starting Score:FICO EQ 620 TU Fako 595 EX FAKO 628
Current Score: Lender Pull 10/2012 EX 719, EQ 704, TU 690

BOA $8500 I CitiForward $6500 I Chase Freedom $3000 I Discover More $1500 I Kohls $1000 I Orchard Bank $400
App free since 12/8/2012.. holding out til 11/2013
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
themeggerz
New Contributor

Re: Not sure what to do about NCO

Wow.  That's a really snarky thing fora  CA to do - "Hey, just so you know, we monitor your reports.... we're watching you".

Just had to say, creeps. :/

Regardless of that, if you dont know if its yours, and they aren't reporting - you acn ignore it, and when(if) they report, DV.

SCORES (2/2013): EX 795 TU 717 EXP 726
Goal: 800+ and Gardening

Wallet: NavyFed 15k AMEX BCE 2k Discover 3k BOA 5k
CapitalOne 2250 HSBC RZM 950 Best Buy SC 2900
GEMB/Paypal 3700 Merrick Bank 1k Zales 2k Barclays 1300 GEMB/AJMadison 3600 Walmart 800 VS 500 NY&CO 400
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@natashahol wrote:

I got a letter from NCO yesterday that says "We have previously notified you about the above referenced account which remains unpaid. A credit reporting agency has indicated that an inquiry has been made on your report. We hope that you are now in a better position to pay the above account."

It does not have a due date. I am pretty sure that this is not mine, but I am not sure. They are not reporting to any credit bureaus.

I found a letter from them that they sent last year (the exact same letter) when I got my car. I never responded that letter and they never put the account on my credit reports.

Is it an amount you can pay? IMO I would try to settle in writing before it hits my report if you know that it is yours. I had one from NCO this week that wasn't reporting and to ease my stress I just paid it, I personally cannot afford to ignore it and have it affect my score that I am working so hard on.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@natashahol wrote:

Is it an amount you can pay? IMO I would try to settle in writing before it hits my report if you know that it is yours. I had one from NCO this week that wasn't reporting and to ease my stress I just paid it, I personally cannot afford to ignore it and have it affect my score that I am working so hard on.
I forgot omention that I pd the OC instead of NCO.
Message 4 of 6
p-
Valued Contributor

DV Letter.  Right away.  Maybe CMRR.  Anyone?

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@p- wrote:

DV Letter.  Right away.  Maybe CMRR.  Anyone?

+1. I would also include proof of payment to the OC along with the DV letter to NCO.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.