Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not sure what to do

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not sure what to do

Hello all. I have 3 collection accounts that should be falling off in the spring. I'm unsure of the exact date because the original credit cards have fallen off my credit report. I've disputed the 3 accounts and they came back valid. Two are Portfolio Recovery and one is Midland. I have requested that they validate and what they send me are statements from well over 7 years ago and my accounts were in good standing then. Would a phone call to the credit agencies help? I'm just looking to know when my first 30 day late payments were on the 3 credit cards. Since those accounts are no longer on my credit report, I have no idea. We plan on moving soon and I would really like to get this taken care of.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Not sure what to do

@Anonymous.

On your annual credit reports it should list the estimated month and year that the collections should be removed from your report. 

Message 2 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

The debt collector is required, under FCRA 623(a)(5), to have done what you wish ..... they must obtain the DOFD from the original creditor and separately report that DOFD to the CRA no later than 90 days after reporting their collection. It is thus already separately stored in your credit file.

Most commercial credit reports dont show the DOFD, as they assume that most consumers done know what it is or dont understand how to use it to determine credit report exclusion of a collection.

You can usually get the reported DOFD from the more complete credit report provided at annualcreditreport.com, or by ordering a report directly from the CRA.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks. I just question whether or not it should have fallen off already since it has on the original accounts.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.