Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not sure where to go

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not sure where to go

Hi Everyone,

I have a collection account showing on my EQ AND TU for $1,484 for a college debt I never owed (I dropped the class before the add/drop period ended). The DoFD shows as 6/19/12 - SOL in FL is 5 years. What route should I take with this? Getting rid of this collection would cut my TU and EQ collections in half and about 45% on total collections and that should be eliminated completely by February if things go as planned.

My question is - Is it worth fighting and who should I try to contact or should I just let it sit until the SOL is up? I dont have contact info for the CO  which is Rapid Recovery and Professional Billing...should I go directly to the college or should I dispute with EQ and TU?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Not sure where to go

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi Everyone,

I have a collection account showing on my EQ AND TU for $1,484 for a college debt I never owed (I dropped the class before the add/drop period ended). The DoFD shows as 6/19/12 - SOL in FL is 5 years. What route should I take with this? Getting rid of this collection would cut my TU and EQ collections in half and about 45% on total collections and that should be eliminated completely by February if things go as planned.

My question is - Is it worth fighting and who should I try to contact or should I just let it sit until the SOL is up? I dont have contact info for the CO  which is Rapid Recovery and Professional Billing...should I go directly to the college or should I dispute with EQ and TU?

Yes, go back to the college - any question of the validity of the original debt needs to be addressed via the OC. The CA has no way of determining the legitimacy of the debt, other than asking the OC about it.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Not sure where to go

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi Everyone,

Yes, go back to the college - any question of the validity of the original debt needs to be addressed via the OC. The CA has no way of determining the legitimacy of the debt, other than asking the OC about it.

Thanks, I'll call them today and see how it goes.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.