Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not sure where to start

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not sure where to start

I have a 671 Credit Score and my credit reports aren't really too bad, except I have two derogatory marks.

$1,622 Capital One (Cavalry) opened September of 2014

$52 Jefferson Capital Systems opened April 2015

I am looking to get these removed asap - the Cavalry bill is legitamate, and the Jefferson one - I could care less if it is legit or not (could be) but would pay to have it removed. I have been reading through the stickies and online and can't seem where I need to start. I do not want to contact the debtors until I know what to do.

My main concern is to increase my score and possibly remove the derogatory marks if there is a way to settle them. 

What are my best options here? I have taken 0 action yet - thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

Re: Not sure where to start

P7ll your actual reports from annualcreditreport.com and see what the Date of First Delinquency (DoFD) is. Monitoeing sites don't provide this. Open date refers to when the collection agency acquired collection authority. Where did you get the score from and 2hat are your other 2 scores?
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey - thanks for the response! I use Credit Karma.

TransUnion - 671

Equifax - 666

I don't have a third score on CreditKarma. What does P7II mean and will annualcreditreport.com hurt my credit?

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would contact the original creditor of the account for the Jefferson Capital Systems collection and see if you can work something out. I've had success paying the original creditor and asking them to communicate with the CA to remove their accounts from reporting, vice versa. 

With the Cap1, you really don't have much of a choice. They don't really do PFD, I would start paying that off immediately before it becomes charged off then send an email to the EO asking for a good will deletion. The CA that is handling the account now may agree for a PFD but you won't really know until you actually contact them. 

Message 4 of 8
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

That was supposed to be pull your reports (newly short thumbnails are difficult to use on a phone). It will be a soft pull and won't affect your scores. Don't trust CK for scores, they use Vantage 3 scores which very few lenders use and can be extremely different from your Fico scores. Get your Fico scores from creditchecktotal.com using the 7 day trial for $1.
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

annualcreditreport.com or creditchecktotal.com? Both sites?

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Karma is not a reliable score.      you would get your actual credit reports from annualcreditreport.com but those dont have scores.  creditchecktotal for the 7 day trial will give you the real fico scores that you have instead of the vantage scores that credit karma and the like provide that lenders dont use.

Message 7 of 8
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Are both Cap One and Cavalry reporting on the delinquent debt?

Who now owns that debt (i.e., does the debt collector only have assigned collection authority, or have they purchased the debt)?

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.