Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note to Self...Call Capital One

tag
OMW2_HighAcheiver
Established Contributor

Note to Self...Call Capital One

I did receive the credit steps email upon approval. Never received how much it'll increase. Was I suppose to get an email with that info?

Do I really need to call or just sit down somewhere and pay on time?

Approved January 8. First payment due March 1.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Note to Self...Call Capital One

@OMW2_HighAcheiver wrote:
I did receive the credit steps email upon approval. Never received how much it'll increase. Was I suppose to get an email with that info?

Just use it and keep it paid down. After the second statement, log into your account, go to services, and request a credit limit. If you don't get it right away, keep trying every few days until you get it. You will still get the credit steps increase at six months.

Message 2 of 7
OMW2_HighAcheiver
Established Contributor

Got it

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Just use it and keep it paid down. After the second statement, log into your account, go to services, and request a credit limit. If you don't get it right away, keep trying every few days until you get it. You will still get the credit steps increase at six months.

True, true and true!

But, I can't remember what card or cards you got. IF it's just the Plat you should call after the 2nd statement and get it converted to the QS. Like Norman said, you also need to keep calling every couple of weeks asking for a CLI. The point is that you can actually receive 2 CLI's within the STEPS quidelines. You will get the auto at 6mths but you are leaving money on the table if you don't be aggressive witht he requests during the preceeding months. THis goes for both entry level STEPS qualified products...

To answer your question about "How Much?" mine are $500 CL's and the STEPS email said it will be $750 at the 6mnth point. You should receive your email within a few days.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

To answer your question it should have said in the email they sent you. Typically, no guarantee's. If you were initially approved for 300$ your credit step after making five on time payments would be an increase of 500$ and should be granted by your 7th statement. If you were initially approved for 500$ your credit step increase would be 250$. Keep in mind that these increases is what they tell you...It could be a whole lot more if you treat the card well.

I would also do what Norman suggested as well.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

To answer your question it should have said in the email they sent you. Typically, no guarantee's. If you were initially approved for 300$ your credit step after making five on time payments would be an increase of 500$ and should be granted by your 7th statement. If you were initially approved for 500$ your credit step increase would be 250$. Keep in mind that these increases is what they tell you...It could be a whole lot more if you treat the card well.

I would also do what Norman suggested as well.

Any quoted increase amounts are usually minimum increases. If your scores go up (even a moderate amount), and you give the cards good usage, they will generally be much larger. $300 starting limits typically bump up to $800-$1300, and $500 cards typically bump up to $1500-$2000. Sometime more if there is considerable score improvement. I've heard of many people going from $300 to $3300 in one jump.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I pay $3 a day for parking at work.

Cap 1 Heart that crap. Monday swipe. Tuesday swipe. Wednesday swipe...

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.