Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nothing positive helping score?

tag
MrSchrute
Established Member

Nothing positive helping score?

While looking under tab 2(Understanding Your FICO Score) the left side of the scale is loaded, while the right side has nothing. I have no positives at all that are helping my score from what it's telling me.

My negatives are:

1) Deliq + Collections. (Had 3. 1 was removed. Another was updated to paid, but they won't remove it. The last one is with the same company that updated to paid status, but this last one hasn't been paid yet).

2) Short account history. (Short credit history? I only have 1 CC. It's util was high like 85%, but I paid it down to 45% so hopefully I'll see a raise?)

3) Recent Missed Payment(Don't understand I haven't missed any. I think they are hitting me for 2 accounts that have been getting charged off for the past 2yrs. I recently paid one and have one more to go).

4) Bad Payment History. (I can't fix this, I have about 40 late notations over 3 years. Once again I'm guessing from the charged off accounts).

So this makes up my scores of 546, and 547. I've sent DV, PFD, GW for removal of late notations, chargeoff's and collections. Any advice?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Macroman
Regular Contributor

Re: Nothing positive helping score?

Your positive is that there is nowhere to go but up, unless you declare BK.

It takes time to repair this kind of meltdown. Once you've gone two years with no late payments > 30 days you will see significant improvement.

If you can't pay all the bills then you need to make significant changes. It sounds like you've hit bottom. Give serious consideration to a credit counselor. See this thread to get some pointers to find one that is not a rip-off. Those guys that spend a lot on advertising or call you on the phone need to make up the expenses some how and a lot of them are no real help.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=bankruptcy&message.id=2307&query.id=525834#...

Message 2 of 3
MrSchrute
Established Member

Re: Nothing positive helping score?

bump
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.