Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

November update

tag
SirTilus
Contributor

November update

Good morning ya'll!

So I put out a post a couple weeks ago about starting to rebuild my credit and I've literally been obssessed with how we spend money and just wanting everything to go smoothe...I stalk this forum to learn from others and things like that lol. When I started out my score was TU 480 EQ 490 and I never checked with Experian (haven't figured out which is the best and most accurate way to see all 3)...I checked Credit Karma today and noticed that I am at TU 483 and EQ 523! I was happy to see such a huge bump! I opened a secured card with openskyy (I know lol) last month but haven't used it and just let the $35 annual fee sit to be reported with a less than 30% usage. I wonder when the accound will report to TU? I also had an old Macy's account removed which was in decent standing with only 1 late payment. I've sent out some letters to get a couple baddies off. I've opened a freshstart/fingerhut account but I don't think it's been reported yet. Just wanted to share some info and I am stoked!

Any ideas on some next moves?

TIA!

KT

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: November update

Couple of ideas that I've learned from here. Have you tried for a Cap1 card (might only be able to get a secured card)? That will give you another revolving account, 3 if your fingerhut reports as revolved. 3 revolving and 1 installment seems to be optimum for rebuilding. As for your scores you might look into Credit Check Total. 1 for a 7 day trial and if you call the automated system to cancel you should be able to get it half price for anywhere from 1 year to 5 years. It gives you a daily EX pull and a pull every 30 days for the other 2 scores. CK scores are Vantage scores and not very many places use that one. I started late September with no scores at all for me and my husband and he is now at EX 594, EQ 609, and TU 570
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

OP:

My FH FS just went revolving, like a few days ago. It reports pretty quickly. When it first reported, I got a 40 something point jump from the FS Account. Can't wait to see when I get for them opening up a revolving account (it's another account). 

Goodluck on your journey and #YouCanDoIt #WeCanDoItTogether =-)

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't feel bad about starting with the OpenSky. They are a great option for those with limited or poor credit. I started with them and they have let me grow into more and better cards. Good luck on your journey!

Message 4 of 9
OMW2_HighAcheiver
Established Contributor

What Cruz said!

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Don't feel bad about starting with the OpenSky. They are a great option for those with limited or poor credit. I started with them and they have let me grow into more and better cards. Good luck on your journey!

Agreed - They are much preferrable to Credit One (owned by the enemy) and First Premier (horrible terms and fees). OP, watch for those new accounts to hit your reports, and when they do, go app for a Cap One QS1 card. If approved, immediately app for a Platinum card as well. If they deny you the QS1, then apply for the Secured Platinum card, and re-apply for the QS1/Platinum in 60-90 days.

Message 6 of 9
SirTilus
Contributor

Thanks for the info everyone! I forgot to mention that I also opened up a Cap1 secured card a few days after I got the OpenSkyy one....so as of now I have 2 secured cards and waiting for the cap1 to report along with the FS to turn into an actual account...can't wait for the rest to report. Thanks again for the advice! I'm probably going to go for the QS1 in Jan or something.
Message 7 of 9
J91605
Frequent Contributor

Sound like your off to a great start. Keep us updated.

Starting Score: 6/30/15 EQ 554 TU 534 EX 608
Current Score: EQ 630 TU 635 EX 653
Goal Score: 680 across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge!
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Keep it up! Smiley Happy 

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.