cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Now I Recall Why i Nicknamed Them EQUI....

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Now I Recall Why i Nicknamed Them EQUI....

Put in dispute to remove last 3 baddies due to obsolescence. Of course, they don't have that option online. So  I fudged and wrote in comments. (TU deleted overnight on a Saturday for goodness sake; EX took one follow-up phone call and was gone in 24 hours.)

But Equi....urgh! Status is still pending while they send it off to the original creditors. **bleep**? I called the backdoor number this morning and talked to the first chick who was so obviously sticking to the script, I had to keep interrupting her to shut her up...several times, including "may I please speak with a supervisor". I asked to cancel my dispute. She says can't be done. I say, but I initiated and I've changed my mind. Nothing doing and she goes into the procedures for waiting 30 days for creditor to respond.

She says I'll be on hold 1-2 minutes" but it was 8 minutes. (Don't you just know she was chruning her side of the story to her boss first!)

Boss comes on with an attitude and is just as rude as her cohort. Where do they get these people? I tell her I want the trades deleted due to "too old to be on my account...obsolete...whatever" She says they have no such dispute online. I say, yeah, that's why I'm calling you lovely people. An oversight, surely.

She says she'll send my request to delete to the creditors. I say,..."uhhhhhh, I don't believe it's up to them". She digs her heels in, so I ask her to cancel the disputes, also. She says she has to talk to another department (so talk!) and puts me on hold for another 10 minutes. Comes back and says it's done, but won't "release" until 48-72 hours. 

I thank her nicely and tell her, "you've been very helpful". She stutters, then wishing me a nice day.

Meanwhile, I've had to download my report direct from Equi... for $10.50 just so I can see the real account numbers, (partial anyway). I'm giving them 72 hours. Then I'm writing a delicously, sugary letter requesting deletion. And if I don't get it, they get a letter every damned month from me until those trades are gone.

Equi... Now I remember why I named them that years ago!

(Mod Adjustments-title and copy that is not allowed on this board.)

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
baller4life
Super Contributor

Re: Now I Recall Why i Nicknamed Them EQUI....

When are these accounts scheduled to fall off? EQ is the absolute hardest to get an account removed early. Few have been lucky. However, for most of us, the earliest they will remove is 1 month. Smiley Mad

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

By their calculations, March 2009. (By TU and EX, Jan 2009)

Message 3 of 9
baller4life
Super Contributor

So February 2016 it will automatically fall off. That is their "policy". One month early period. Sorry. I'm in the same predicament. 😔

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@baller4life wrote:
So February 2016 it will automatically fall off. That is their "policy". One month early period. Sorry. I'm in the same predicament. 😔

Perhaps, but I intend to be the buzzing little fly that just won't go away until then. Why should they be happy! Ha!

Message 5 of 9
baller4life
Super Contributor

Good luck!! 😂

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Weird. To be honest I was surprised you got an immediate answer from Transunion. They have always been so slow when I have worked with them. Equifax I have had no issue. Very odd.

I do run a fairly good sized call center and I can tell you that the interupting (even when the agent is being less than helpful) automatically torched your chances of help on that call. even when it is frustrating it is important to be nice. Because she surely did exactly as you described and turned the next level of escalation against you from the get go.

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

UPDATE: Result!!!

OMG! OMG! I can't check FICO because it went down after I paid for the report and was about to click on the retrieve button. And I have 4 days to go on Credit Karma. (What a world, what a world!) I even thought to use my new surprise Cabela's VISA to get the "pays as agreed" coming

I've been checking Equifax status online every few hours since I had that harrowingly "unproductive" phone call with them yesterday. I'm impatient for the disputes to be cancelled so I can go at them from a different angle (handwritten dispute letter on yellow legal paper, or something.)

Finally, a few minutes ago, status said, "completed" and there was a link that said "ready". I clicked it, all the while thinking "how am I going to word the re-dispute...hmmm". The link took me to a pdf letter that, on first glance, looked like gobbledygook.

But then my eyes landed on the last paragraphs that read (bold is mine):

ETA: Just NOTICED: They attached my new file in the pdf. Sure enough, they're gone. But I NEED to see the FICO score now, please!

Thank you for giving Equifax the opportunity to serve you.

Results Of Your Investigation (For your security, the last 4 digits of your credit account number(s) have been replaced by *)
>>> We have researched the credit account. Account # − XXXXXXXXXXXX* The results are: There is no historical
account information currently on this account. This item has been deleted from the credit file. If you have additional
questions about this item please contact: Capital One, PO Box 30281, Salt Lake City, UT 84130−0281

>>> We have researched the credit account. Account # − XXXXXXXXXXXX* The results are: There is no historical
account information currently on this account. This item has been deleted from the credit file. If you have additional
questions about this item please contact: Capital One, PO Box 30281, Salt Lake City, UT 84130−0281

>>> We have researched the credit account. Account # − XXXXXXXXXXXX* The results are: This item has been
deleted from the credit file. If you have additional questions about this item please contact: Target National Bank,
C/O Target Credit Services, Minneapolis, MN 55440−9475

OMG! Did Equifax just blink???

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Weird. To be honest I was surprised you got an immediate answer from Transunion. They have always been so slow when I have worked with them. Equifax I have had no issue. Very odd.

I do run a fairly good sized call center and I can tell you that the interupting (even when the agent is being less than helpful) automatically torched your chances of help on that call. even when it is frustrating it is important to be nice. Because she surely did exactly as you described and turned the next level of escalation against you from the get go.

I beg to differ. It depends how you interrupt. And I am the most gracious "interrupter" you will ever meet. To wit, result!

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.