Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Numerous inquiries on Mom's report

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Numerous inquiries on Mom's report

I have agreed to help my mom clean up her credit. We just pulled her report tonight and I have been

going over it with a fine tooth comb.

Turns out she has numerous inquiries on her report from consumerinfo.com. It appears that every two months since 4/2007 someone is pulling her credit, as a blind or soft copy I guess ( doesn't affect credit score).

So I called transunion and they referred us to consumerinfo.com which it is my understanding that they are affliated with experian. The gal on the phone was very baffled she said she found an account in my mom's name but it was closed in 2005. The girl said that the only recourse would be to place a security freeze on her account.

I was not satisfied with the answer given and I know she was just doing her job. But shouldn't they know who is pulling her credit since this is their company? Does my mom have any way to find out who is pulling her credit, how to stop it ( other than a security freeze)  and can she press charges against this individual. I believe, due to the fact that she is going through a nasty divorce that it is probably someone working for my dad but who knows.

Any advice as to what to do? thanks.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Numerous inquiries on Mom's report

You are correct in that the inquiries from consumerinfo are soft inquiries and have no bearing on her score at all.

Did she have any oter EX-related accounts like CreditCheckTotal, CreditExpert or FreeCreditReport.com?
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Numerous inquiries on Mom's report

No she has not and to my knowledge she has never been charged for any credit monitoring service.

I personally think someone is pulling her report every couple of months claiming to be her but using their credit card. It just seems to me that they could find out who is accessing her report without her consent.

This is very frustrating for me and for her.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.