Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nuvell / Ally headache !

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nuvell / Ally headache !

I pulled my CR and it is showing a 30 day late payment for February of 2012 to Nuvell, now known as Ally.

I looked back at all my payments and everything was paid on time.

So last week on Tuesday I called Ally and they said they would investigate and get back to me within 24 to 48 hours.

Well, I waited until this past Wednesday, a full week later. To get ahold of someone about this. And of coarse I was told againg they will look into it and will get back to me within 24 to 72 hours !

Should I keep fighting this ?

I'm worried that, if I fight this too hard they might delete the entire history, almost four years of perfect payments.

Advice ?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Nuvell / Ally headache !

I would send them a letter asking them to officially investigate the late payment under FCRA.  They have to resond and provide remedy if they are in the wrong.

Message 2 of 7
changeisvital
Valued Member

The next time you call ask for a supervisor and they will be able to assist you. I work for Ally but not in customer service or I would try to help you myself. Hope this helps.

Starting Score: 495 (12/2012)
Current Score: 520 (01-06-2013)
Goal Score: 680

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 3 of 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

It's good to try the informal route, but if they are not responsive, simply file a direct dispute under FCRA 623(a)(8).

That imposes a 30-day period to conclude their investigation and report the results directly to you.

Dont dispute through the CRA, as you want to ensure that whatever documentation you have to support your dispute is received by them.

The CRA e-Oscar process wont forward that documentation as part of the CRA dispute process.

Message 4 of 7
AgentT
Established Member

I was persistant.  Getting someone to call me back was a pain, but they removed a 30 late over the phone (it was their fault in the first place).

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Funny thing, the second time I called I did speak to a supervisor. He gave me his name and two digit number. So I will be calling for him first thing Monday !
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update !!!

Called Monday, and was told that it will be corrected and a letter will be sent !!!

How much would a 30 day late removed bump up my score ? Any one have a rough idea ?

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.