cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OC Agrees To Pull Back Account...When To "FOAD" The CA?

tag
jbh
Established Contributor

OC Agrees To Pull Back Account...When To "FOAD" The CA?

O.C promises to take back account and assign the balance of the old account to my new active one (utility company)

So, if that's the case, would it be safe to now fax the CA and tell them to 'move on and delete'. Especially as they are one that used illegal tactics (for my protection, I won't say which tactic)...but the complaint led to the O.C pulling it back

It's been a week since I received confirmation but, of course, the ca sent an update to the CRA just before this took place. When should I tell them to F.O.A.D?

They are no longer in control of it and I wanted to pressure them to delete, or I will assign the A.G after them for this one violation...

Note, the reason I don't list the names is because I don't want it to be searched.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: OC Agrees To Pull Back Account...When To "FOAD" The CA?

I would wait that the OC stops reporting and the balance has been moved to the new account - at that point let the dance begin.

At that point send a DV letter to the CA to see if they are honest, and delete immediately, or dishonest and then just ITS them for violation of FDCPA and FCRA - give them a week to fix and file suit.

Message 2 of 7
jbh
Established Contributor

"I would wait that the OC stops reporting and the balance has been moved to the new account - at that point let the dance begin."

The OC does not report. It's only the CA as it's a utility collection.Since the OC confirmed that they will transfer the balance of the collection, I just want the CA to delete *now* so I can finally move on with my life. Thing is, they updated the reports for the month before the OC got involved last week. (CA reports early first days of the month)

Thanks.

Message 3 of 7
jbh
Established Contributor

"At that point send a DV letter to the CA"

I also sent one (past initial 30 days, also asking them to explain the violation...45+ days later, no response)

So, I am wondering if I should wait for the OC to put the balance in my next bill, in writing, or if it's no longer 'too early' to just scream "Get this off my reports, now!"

That's all.  Thank you.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

you want proof that you don't owe a penny - the only proof is either a letter from the OC or a statement of account.

the CA is already in violation, I'd wait a few more days to hit them with a hammer, rather than fanning a little wind their way and let them get away with their violations unpunished.

good luck!

Message 5 of 7
jbh
Established Contributor

Would the printout of my email conversation be enough as well as the receipt from Planet Feedback, which lead to it? The idea is that the CA should already know that it's plucked from their office. Tomorrow is the 9th day since it happened.

You suggest another week before I fax a "Ok, go away now" letter? The violation, by the way, was a phantom payment and I've waited 50 days for them to answer to it after it was verified. I want it gone now...but I guess I am being too impatient.

Thanks.

Message 6 of 7
jbh
Established Contributor

It's going to be 2 weeks as of Monday. Just bumping to see if it is unreasonable to ask them to delete or if I risk them playing games.

They also ignored a letter asking why they reported and later verified a phantom payment. I wonder if it's wise to mention the state A.G (who they hate to deal with) if this is not deleted/answered to

Thoughts? I really am tired of them and have been patient for months. I just wonder how much more patient I should be. If the OC took the account, they *must* have record that they are not welcome to collect on it anymore, right? Should I just say "Delete now or I will forward proof to your state A.G and the FTC"

Thanks, guys.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.