cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OC Cancelled CA and sent to another CA

tag
Chronometal

OC Cancelled CA and sent to another CA

I had a debt to OC (CONED) and they cancelled it from one CA and sent it to another CA back in April.

I have not heard from the new CA. nothing is on my credit report and i got nothing in the mail.

Yesterday i paid half of the debt to the CO. they told me they will notify the CA of what i paid. I still owe about 250 to the OC..which i can make payment on the CONED site directly. I'm afraid if i pay. they will report to say as paid..the CA can turn around and submit to the CBs as "paid in full". there's nothing on my credit report now.

what should i do? call CA? pay OC?

OC said they cant cancel collection from CA.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
LShawn08
Frequent Contributor

Re: OC Cancelled CA and sent to another CA

They can cancel the debt with the collection, their just choosing not to or at least that particular representative doesn't understand that it can be. You should still pay the OC (CONED) its better that way but inquire again about the bill being cancelled with the collection company. Consider writing to the president of the company about the situation and ask them to cancel the debt with the collection agency.
Starting Score:TU:791(Dec3), EX:783, EQ:000
Current Score: TU:786(Aug9), EX:776, EQ:782 (Aug8)
Goal Score:820 across all boards

If all pork chops were perfect, we wouldn't have hot dogs! -Steven Universe
Message 2 of 7
Chronometal

they are being stubborn. if the CA is paid..can they still submit to CBs as "paid in full" if its not showing up on my report now?

Message 3 of 7
LShawn08
Frequent Contributor

Its best to deal with the OC directly, most will tell you but maybe try contacting the CA and ask if they will do a PAY FOR NOT REPORTING. All should be documented in writing. Who is the CA ? , maybe someone will chime in and say if they are susceptible to these sort of agreements

Message 4 of 7
Chronometal

AllianceOne is the CA

Message 5 of 7
LShawn08
Frequent Contributor

I searched the board and found most people seem to have good luck with Goodwill's after they paid them.

Message 6 of 7
Chronometal

thanks. i may just try to hassle the OC to cancel the debt with this CA and ill offer to pay the other half. CONED is so stubborn

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.