Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OC: Comcast CA: CCS Collections

tag
awdsmama
Established Contributor

OC: Comcast CA: CCS Collections

I have a TL on my reports from CCS Collections from Comcast.  It says the original amount was $88 and the new amount is $883. 

I assumed this was for unreturned cable box from when I moved late last year and modem (their service center hours here are horrible and I wasn't able to get there in time).

Two weeks ago I finally returned the equipment (got receipt) and I asked the man if that cleared up my account. 

Turns out the $88 was actually last months service, not equipment.  

So, today I paid the $88 directly to Comcast.   

Anyone know if they'll pull the record from CCS or if CCS will just update as paid then I need to dispute since I didnt pay THEM?

Yes, I know I probably should have done something different but I just wanted to get it paid since I received some extra cash. 

Fico: 701 (5/22/14) 682 (5/9/2014)
Discover IT $5,200 / CU Visa $1,000 / JC Penny$3,000
App Free since 2/2013
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: OC: Comcast CA: CCS Collections

If you have a debt still owned by the OC and you pay them, they cannot "pull" any reporting done by their debt collector.  It is not their reporting.

They are required to notify their debt collector that the debt is now satisfied, and the debt collector is then required to report a $0 balance and their collection as closed. The debt collector may choose to delete, but is not compelled to do so.

.The OC can request their debt collector to delete their reporting, but cannot compel them to do so.

Many consumers, apparently for personal reasons, wont deal with a debt collector when the OC still owns the debt.  Dealing with the debt collector by first offering a PFD to them can result in their agreement to delete. 

Message 2 of 3
awdsmama
Established Contributor

Re: OC: Comcast CA: CCS Collections

I appreciate your reply, thank you Smiley Tongue

Fico: 701 (5/22/14) 682 (5/9/2014)
Discover IT $5,200 / CU Visa $1,000 / JC Penny$3,000
App Free since 2/2013
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.