cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OC Settlement Offer. Can I offer PFD? Help!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

OC Settlement Offer. Can I offer PFD? Help!

I just received a settlement offer from the original creditor on an account that is just RUINING my credit score. Even thought I hate to give in and pay it.. I want it to stop updating monthly. Should I (or, CAN I) offer to take the settlement offer if they will accept PFD on it? Or would I be pushing my luck? 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: OC Settlement Offer. Can I offer PFD? Help!

@Anonymous wrote:

I just received a settlement offer from the original creditor on an account that is just RUINING my credit score. Even thought I hate to give in and pay it.. I want it to stop updating monthly. Should I (or, CAN I) offer to take the settlement offer if they will accept PFD on it? Or would I be pushing my luck? 

If this is going to be removed shortly then I would let it drop before settling since it can only run 1 time on your CRs. There is nothing wrong with contacting them about a PFD just be careful doing so if its still inside states SOL. If its still inside SOL they could just sue for the full amount and I would not even contact them if you dont have the full amount available to settle it.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.