Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OC and CA report conflicting info

tag
musicdiva
Valued Member

OC and CA report conflicting info

Hi folks, 

I have a OC (Cap One) and CA (LVNV) reporting DOFD 7/2009 however on my experian report Cap One reports date of first major delinquency as 1/2010 but LVNV is reporting it 8/2011.  

As respects to ridding LVNV from my reports (EQ specifically), is using the OC's own reporting of information to EQ (i.e. the date of 1/2010) a basis (or documentation/"evidence") to act as support if I were to dispute based on LVNV reporting false and inaccurate information?  Could I provide copy of EQ's own report and point out/highlight that the OC reports this date of first major delinquency as 1/10 but LVNV reports it a year later? Clearly this is an LVNV trick. 

We know, from the feedback here, that LVNV is difficult and I've not received a response to my CVs. I filed a complaint w/BBB at the top of the week.  

Thoughts are appreciated!  Thanks!

Starting Score: EQ 522, TU 482 June 2012
Current Score: EQ 502, TU 548 Jan 2013
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: OC and CA report conflicting info

No.

When a consumer files a dispute of accuracy of reported information, the furnisher always has the option of correcting the reporting to overcome the inaccuracy.

The FCRA does not and cannot mandate the reporting of accurate information.  Statute cannot mandate against inevitable human inaccuracy.  Maye an honest clerical error, or maybe an honest interpretation of what they consider to be a "major delinqeuncy," which is not a precise, defined term.

The FCRA is not designed to compel deletion of accurate information based on a simple reporting of an inaccuracy.

The FCRA mandates that reporting must not be made if the firnisher knows that it is inaccurate, and yet knowlingly reports it.  That gives rise to violation of the statute.

Date of first major delinquency is not a date of any real significance, as it has no effect on ultimate credit report exclusion of the collection.

You can dispute and get any apparent discrepancy corrected,but in my opinion, I would not dispute a date of first major delinquency.

Message 2 of 4
musicdiva
Valued Member

Thank you RobertEG - you are a wealth of knowledge.  I appreciate your feedback and it definitely helps tremendously. 

Starting Score: EQ 522, TU 482 June 2012
Current Score: EQ 502, TU 548 Jan 2013
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 4
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Agree, I would not dispute a date of first major delinquency.

On some CR's you will see 2 dates of first delinquencies.

1 is called "Date of first major delinquency", that date you dont have to worry about.

The other one is called Date of first delinquency or DoFD. The DoFD is an important date to know.

The DoFD is the starting date, used in finding out the date of removal of a negative from a CR.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.