Valued Member
DubbaYou

OC never contacted me, debt from 12/09

I had a listing of BPHG show up on my CR.  It reported in 06/12 with the debt listed from 12/09.  I found out that it was Baily's Powerhouse Gym.  I was a member, but left in good standing, well, I was pissed at them.  They kept not billing my CC then telling me I didn't pay.  The account was on auto-pay, so I found it frustrating.  I would get stopped at the desk, they would apologize profusely but I had to call in the payment, they couldn't take it at the club. 

My question is, by never contacting me, did they violate a law, as the OC?  They never sold the debt and still have it.  I was going to write them a letter, but the person that helped me identify the company said they are a royal pain to deal with.  I figure if I have some leverage, it may help me get this removed.

Moderator Emeritus
llecs

Re: OC never contacted me, debt from 12/09

There isn't a law requiring them to contact you. They can choose when, or whether to collect. What does your contract say? Maybe you were on a month-to-month by that point?

Mega Contributor
RobertEG

+1

However, if you have a billing issue, you may have recourse to the separate dispute process under the Fair Credit Billing Act (FCBA), which entitles you to file a dispute with a creditor over their billing activities. 

Did they send you a bill for the debt they are now reporting as having been delinquent?

Valued Member
DubbaYou

They have never sent me a bill or called me.  I just found out who they are so I am wondering if I should try getting them removed through the CRAs or contact them.  My contract was set dates and didn't go month to month. 

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}