Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OC or CA?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

OC or CA?

I have one collection account on my credit report from 2005 for some CPAP supplies. I thought this had been paid but I can't find my receipt since I left it up to the hubby to handle who knows where it is or even if it was done. lol Anyway, I was told I couldn't get more supplies since they are showing this unpaid. The debt IS showing up on my credit report but it is showing the debt belongs to Wakefield and Associates I guess they are a collection agency?  I want to get this off my report and I am willing to pay the full amount if I have to. When I spoke to the OC about this they said that I would need to pay the money to them. Is that right? I mean if the CA is reporting it didn't they buy the debt? Also, if I contact the CA will the debt reset and stay on my report for 7 more years if I can't get them to agree to PFD and end up paying them? Or if I do pay the OC can they start reporting it as well?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
hoping2rebuild
Established Contributor

Re: OC or CA?

@Anonymous wrote:

I have one collection account on my credit report from 2005 for some CPAP supplies. If it is from 2005 it should fall off next year 

I thought this had been paid but I can't find my receipt since I left it up to the hubby to handle who knows where it is or even if it was done. lol Anyway, I was told I couldn't get more supplies since they are showing this unpaid. The debt IS showing up on my credit report but it is showing the debt belongs to Wakefield and Associates I guess they are a collection agency?Yes they are a CA 

I want to get this off my report and I am willing to pay the full amount if I have to. When I spoke to the OC about this they said that I would need to pay the money to them. Is that right?You can always send a PFD to the CA but it would be better to see if the OC will let you pay them and pull it back from collections

I mean if the CA is reporting it didn't they buy the debt?They didn't necessarily have to buy the debt it could have been assigned to them by the OC

Also, if I contact the CA will the debt reset and stay on my report for 7 more years if I can't get them to agree to PFD and end up paying them? The CRTP for a debt is 7 to 7.5 years

Or if I do pay the OC can they start reporting it as well? Are they reporting now?

Maybe some of the MODS can better answer you questions but I hope I helped.

Starting Score: 377EQ/350EX/400TU As of 11/2011
Current Score: 620EQ/614EX/612TU As of 01/2013
Goal Score: 700+ across the boards
Message 2 of 5
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I have one collection account on my credit report from 2005 for some CPAP supplies. I thought this had been paid but I can't find my receipt since I left it up to the hubby to handle who knows where it is or even if it was done. lol Anyway, I was told I couldn't get more supplies since they are showing this unpaid. The debt IS showing up on my credit report but it is showing the debt belongs to Wakefield and Associates I guess they are a collection agency?  I want to get this off my report and I am willing to pay the full amount if I have to. When I spoke to the OC about this they said that I would need to pay the money to them. Is that right? I mean if the CA is reporting it didn't they buy the debt? Also, if I contact the CA will the debt reset and stay on my report for 7 more years if I can't get them to agree to PFD and end up paying them? Or if I do pay the OC can they start reporting it as well?

You can request that the OC pull back the collection from the CA and you can pay them. If the OC does this , they will contact the CA to remove it once it is PIF.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Analytical1 wrote:

I have one collection account on my credit report from 2005 for some CPAP supplies. If it is from 2005 it should fall off next year - Even if I pay it?

I thought this had been paid but I can't find my receipt since I left it up to the hubby to handle who knows where it is or even if it was done. lol Anyway, I was told I couldn't get more supplies since they are showing this unpaid. The debt IS showing up on my credit report but it is showing the debt belongs to Wakefield and Associates I guess they are a collection agency?Yes they are a CA 

I want to get this off my report and I am willing to pay the full amount if I have to. When I spoke to the OC about this they said that I would need to pay the money to them. Is that right?You can always send a PFD to the CA but it would be better to see if the OC will let you pay them and pull it back from collections - they made it sound like I HAD to pay to them. 

I mean if the CA is reporting it didn't they buy the debt?They didn't necessarily have to buy the debt it could have been assigned to them by the OC

Also, if I contact the CA will the debt reset and stay on my report for 7 more years if I can't get them to agree to PFD and end up paying them? The CRTP for a debt is 7 to 7.5 years

Or if I do pay the OC can they start reporting it as well? Are they reporting now? - No but I'm guessing it's because it was assigned to the CA? 

Assuming they won't pull it back from the CA. Will it be better to just pay the OC, let them notify the CA that it is paid, and just let it fall off the report next year since I'm not applying for any credit nor do I intend to? Since this is so old is it going to make a big difference in my score if I do get it off?

Message 4 of 5
hoping2rebuild
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I have one collection account on my credit report from 2005 for some CPAP supplies. If it is from 2005 it should fall off next year - Even if I pay it? Yes

I want to get this off my report and I am willing to pay the full amount if I have to. When I spoke to the OC about this they said that I would need to pay the money to them. Is that right?You can always send a PFD to the CA but it would be better to see if the OC will let you pay them and pull it back from collections - they made it sound like I HAD to pay to them.  Send the CA a PFD

Or if I do pay the OC can they start reporting it as well? Are they reporting now? - No but I'm guessing it's because it was assigned to the CA? One OC and One CA can report on an account

Assuming they won't pull it back from the CA. Will it be better to just pay the OC, let them notify the CA that it is paid, and just let it fall off the report next year since I'm not applying for any credit nor do I intend to? That is entirely up to you

Since this is so old is it going to make a big difference in my score if I do get it off? Probably not a big difference

If nothing else I like our colorful notes Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 377EQ/350EX/400TU As of 11/2011
Current Score: 620EQ/614EX/612TU As of 01/2013
Goal Score: 700+ across the boards
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.