OC or CA

tag
Ravensfan2001
Established Contributor

Re: OC or CA

You're welcome and good luck!

Starting Scores: (4/16/12 lender pull) TU 596 | EX 550 | EQ 576
Current Score (9/3/15): Wally TU 639 | Amex EX 628 | DCU EQ 639
Goals: Homeowner as of 9/27/2013. Last app 8/1/15. TU-5; EX-16; EQ-13. Aiming for ZERO inqs.
Message 11 of 13
Ravensfan2001
Established Contributor

So just to update, my husband had 3 unpaid parking tickets in DC. I went to the DMV website and paid 1 ticket last week, maybe a few days before this thread was started. I checked his TU today, and the collection account for the 1 ticket I paid is now gone. I didn't contact anyone, just paid it online. So there's some reassurance for you. Woman Happy

Starting Scores: (4/16/12 lender pull) TU 596 | EX 550 | EQ 576
Current Score (9/3/15): Wally TU 639 | Amex EX 628 | DCU EQ 639
Goals: Homeowner as of 9/27/2013. Last app 8/1/15. TU-5; EX-16; EQ-13. Aiming for ZERO inqs.
Message 12 of 13
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

+1

They seem to delete once paid.

However, should they not, it is not a disputable issue.  It's an informal process.

If you pay the OC, that does not render the reporting of the collection inaccurate.  They reported the fact of their having had collection authority, and payment of the debt does not make that reporting inaccurate.  The OC cannot compel the debt collector to delete their reporting.  The CRAs stipulate that such reporting should not be deleted based on payment of the debt, so you are not apt to get support from them.

So, I suggest using sugar in pursuing GW deletion, and not rely on being able to get it deleted via a dispute.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.