Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OC or Collection Agency

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

OC or Collection Agency

Hi All,

I have a repo on my credit due to fall off 10/2009 reported by OC -Drive Financial (refused every payment arrangement I ever offered).

Now the same account is being reported by Santander ONLY as 04/2009....Should I attempt to contact this collection agency for some type PFD???

Which way of reporting has hurt my score the OC or the collection agency......both are reportingunder Accounts.

Please explain, anyone.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: OC or Collection Agency

Ok, I just googled Santander and they are not a collection agancy that just bought Drive Financial.....so my new question is should I try to PFD them?
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

ReallyTrying09 wrote:

Hi All,

I have a repo on my credit due to fall off 10/2009 reported by OC -Drive Financial (refused every payment arrangement I ever offered).

Now the same account is being reported by Santander ONLY as 04/2009....Should I attempt to contact this collection agency for some type PFD???

Which way of reporting has hurt my score the OC or the collection agency......both are reportingunder Accounts.

Both!

Please explain, anyone.

Thanks!

Can you PIF?

Is this beyond SOL?

What restarts SOL, if anything, in your state?

You need to be certain on SOL before doing anything. Even though CRTP for this account is about to expire, if they were to obtain a judgment, it could stay for another 7 years.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

sidewinder - I lived in florida when I go this car and the transmission blew out! I moved to Gerogia 3 weeks later after pulling off the lot, being young and dumb I thought it was best not to pay anymore because it was a lemon.

I check TU and EQ today both report the repo only once under ACCOUNTS as a charge off under the name SANTANDER.

I found this about FLorid's SOL (are you able to translate??)

Florida Statutes of Limitation

Contract or written instrument and for mortgage foreclosure: 5 years. F.S. 95.11.

Libel, slander, or unpaid wages: 2 years.

Judgments: 20 years total and to be a lien on any real property, it has to be re-recorded for a second time at 10 years.

The limitations period begins from the date the last element of the cause of action occurred, (95.051). NOTE: The limitation period is tolled (stopped) for any period during which the debtor is absent from the state and each time a voluntary payment is made on a debt arising from a written instrument.

Almost all other actions fall under the 4-year catch-all limitations period, (F.S. 95.11(3)(p)).

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.