Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OC question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

OC question

If an OC still owns a debt but they hired a CA to collect and you pay the OC, does the CA stop trying to collect and it comes off your report?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: OC question

Not necessarily automatically.

Once the OC is reporting a $0 balance, you can DV the CA, and that should result in the CA deletion since they are no longer authorized to collect on the debt.

Sometimes it's automatic, and the OC pulls the account back.  Just don't rely on that, and follow up.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Make sure the OC agrees to accept payment and pull the account back from the CA and make sure to get it in writing.  Before I discovered these forums I arranged payment with an OC who just forwarded payment to the CA.  Since I didn't get anything in writing and the CA flat out refused my GW request I'm stuck with a negative TL for the next 3 years.  Live and learn I guess... even better, learn from others mistakes Smiley Happy.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks! Those are some great points that I didn't think of. I am trying to put together a strategy before I proceed.

Thanks again

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.