Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OC report collection as an installment?

tag
golo
Frequent Contributor

OC report collection as an installment?

Hi to all.I disputed some info with an OC about the report of an account I didn't recognize.I disputed base on 623,when I got the response it says that the account I disputed as I didn't recognized was. They say that is an installment loan that they open they close the cc and transferred it to collections. Is that procces correct? Please enlight me. Thanks in advance.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: OC report collection as an installment?

It was either a revolving or installment account, so I dont understand how it changed status.

Regardless, the primary issue seems to be that you dont accept the account as having been authorized by you.

If you can truthfully state in the form of a sworn police report that the account was never authorized by you, then you can get it blocked from your CR under the provisions of FCRA 605B as being the result of potential identity theft.

Can you amplify a bit on the account?

Message 2 of 4
golo
Frequent Contributor

Hi Robert,thank you for your response. This issue with this OC is for a credit card I defaulted after my divorce,it end up being charge off in 07.Recently and thanks to this forums and all of you I started to clean my reports as I had no idea that this new world even exists(sorry,I was naive) I disputed this installment loan base on the 623,I got their response that says that the installment is when they close the credit card they transferred for collections.From what can I understand is (correct me if I'm wrong) that instead of report it as a collection they reported as a charge off installment loan.That looks fishy to me,cause now I have 2 charge offs coming from the same account instead of 1 charge off and 1 collection. I don't know which one is worst as I paid if off,but after i paid it off I notice that suspicious installment loan on my reports from he same OC and I never had a installment loan with them.Ugh
Message 3 of 4
golo
Frequent Contributor

Bump....   Smiley Sad

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.