Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OC reporting???

tag
maygirl
Contributor

OC reporting???

Ok I have an OC Robbins Bros reporting a charge off of with a balance of $809 and a past due amount of $480. The DLA is 5/08 which is out of the SOL in Texas in May 2012.

THEN I have a collection account for Fidelity Creditor Services showing $809 high credit and that I owe $1069.

Is this reporting correctly??? I though the OC had to put the balance to $0 if they have charged off and sold the debt... I called the OC and told them it was being reported incorrectly and they acted like I didn't know what I was talking about... 

What should I do/say??

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: OC reporting???

You might be out of SOL already. SOL starts at the DOFD, which is before the DOLA, but can be reset by a promise to pay, a payment, etc. If you haven't paid in 4 years, SOL has passed.

I don't think there is any written rule that the OC report $0, but in nearly all the examples I've seen, the OC is already reporting $0 if the debt is sold to the CA or the OC updated to $0 when it was pointed out they were reporting a balance when the CA already reported the same.

CSRs don't know anything. I would mail them a letter and point out they sold the debt to the CA and ask them to delete while they are at it. I bet the OC never got around to updating...it's been 4 years since they last reported I'm guessing.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.