Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OC still shows balance on sold acct...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

OC still shows balance on sold acct...

I've contacted the creditors that are showing up on my credit report as charged off and with a balance still owed to them but two of them have sold the account off to a collections agency, so is that something I should be disputing with the CBA? Aren't they supposed to report this as a $0balance owed to them? Or could this cause additional issues or hurt me even more?

I am going to contact the CA a little later today, and from my understanding I should try to get an agreement in writing saying that they will not report to the CBA of the debt as long as I pay in full. If I should dispute with the CBA that OC should be reporting a balance of $0, should I contact the CA first and pay off the debt and get that agreement?

The 2 accounts that are now with collections are...

OC: Capital One and the CA it's now with is ARS ...btw this one was sold to the CA on May 10,2015 is it possible to get this account back with Capital One and just deal with them directly?

OC: First Premier Bank and the CA it's now with is Rushmore Services

And I also have a 3rd account but this one shows Charged off and sold, but they have in fact reported a $0 balance. But the CA hasn't reported anything as of yet, should I contact the CA and try to negotiate a agreement to pay in full and they not report anything to the CBA?

Any help will be appreciated!!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: OC still shows balance on sold acct...

Are the collections accounts being reported to the CRAs?

If they are, then it's my understanding that the OC must be reporting a zero balance and cease all collection efforts.

If the collections accounts are not being reported then the OC probably still owns the debt and has simply hired a CA to assist them in collecting. In this case since the CA does not actually own the debt the OC can continue to report the balance due.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.