Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OC threatening, scared to dispute

tag
ndkblondie
Contributor

OC threatening, scared to dispute

So I have a charge off from an overdraft protection line of credit from 2008 it's for $1500.  I called the bank about how it is appearing on my husband's credit report and told them it was included in my bk and shouldn't be reporting on his report.  She said he was a signer on the account so it will appear on his report as well.  I don't recall if he was but we are assuming this is true.  I told her the information is reporting incorrectly and asked her to look into it.

She said I should leave it alone because it's actually reporting incorrectly in our favor and that if I dispute it they will update it and report it as a bk on HIS credit report.  I told her that he didn't file bk so that's not possible.  She said that since it's California/common law state they can report my bk on his credit.  I called an attorney and they said they can't do this but what do I do?  

They are trying to scare me off of disputing this account and it's working, I'm now scared to dispute.  

It's showing on EQ and TU.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.