Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OC told me to contact the CA

tag
Phoenix-rising
Frequent Contributor

OC told me to contact the CA

On a medical collection I contacted the OC in June and they agreed to a PFD.  The outcome was that EQ and EX both deleted it, but TU did not.  I called the OC today and asked them to call the CA again to instruct them to delete the TL.  The OC got annoyed and told me that she already called and told them to delete and suggested that I contact the CA myself since they have already been instructed to delete.

Should I call the CA or call back the OC?  I don't want to annoy the OC.

I did send the pre-HIPAA letter to the CBA's in June for this TL and it was verified by TU.  I suppose I could send HIPAA letter #2 to the OC.

So these are my options:
1 - call the CA
2 - call the OC back and tell them to call the CA
3 - HIPAA letter #2 to the OC
Which one would be my best bet?
DH's FICOS: July '08 TU-661 / EQ-593 / EX-656 --> April '09 TU-730 / EQ-705 / EX-685

MY FICOS: July '08 TU-735 / EQ-727 / EX-767 --> April '09 TU-789 / EQ-774 / EX-767
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: OC told me to contact the CA

Phoenix-rising wrote:
On a medical collection I contacted the OC in June and they agreed to a PFD.  The outcome was that EQ and EX both deleted it, but TU did not.  I called the OC today and asked them to call the CA again to instruct them to delete the TL.  The OC got annoyed and told me that she already called and told them to delete and suggested that I contact the CA myself since they have already been instructed to delete.

Should I call the CA or call back the OC?  I don't want to annoy the OC.

I did send the pre-HIPAA letter to the CBA's in June for this TL and it was verified by TU.  I suppose I could send HIPAA letter #2 to the OC.

So these are my options:
1 - call the CA
2 - call the OC back and tell them to call the CA
3 - HIPAA letter #2 to the OC
Which one would be my best bet?

Since you already wrote letter #1, send the OC letter #2 and use insert B, paid. Do not contact the CA.
Message 2 of 7
Phoenix-rising
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for the reply fused.  I should have prepared the letter this weekend when I typed the others, just in case. 

From Day 1 there were 3 medical collections to take care of.

On coll #1 I sent HIPAA letter #2 to the OC Monday. (I sent HIPAA letter #1 to CBA's in June)
On coll #2 I sent HIPAA letter #1 to the CBA's on Monday.
On coll #3 I will send HIPAA letter #2 to the OC tomorrow as you suggest.  (I sent HIPAA letter #1 to CBA's in June)

Then I'll wait and see what happens next.  I will NOT call the CA.
DH's FICOS: July '08 TU-661 / EQ-593 / EX-656 --> April '09 TU-730 / EQ-705 / EX-685

MY FICOS: July '08 TU-735 / EQ-727 / EX-767 --> April '09 TU-789 / EQ-774 / EX-767
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is ther anyway...you can get something in writing,,,saying the account is to be deleted...from all CRAs???...
Message 4 of 7
Phoenix-rising
Frequent Contributor

I suppose I could ask the OC for something in writing. 

If I had something in writing would I just need to sent it to TU (the only CBA that's still reporting it)?  Or would I send that to the CA?

Message 5 of 7
fused
Moderator Emeritus

the OC. The whole point in using the HIPAA process is to PIF the OC and completely avoid the CA at all costs.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes...just send the letter to TU...last month....my wife had a CA agree to delete over the phone...it was deleted from EX...never on EQ...and remained on TU...she filed a dispute online with TU....saying the CA agreed to delete...and it was deleted...I don't know if that would work in your case...

But hers was for a medical bill...she should not have been responsible for...the contact the OC...they filed a claim with the insurance...and the OC pulled the account out of collections...but it was deleted from all...just one...

Message Edited by slyhouse08 on 08-06-2008 06:25 PM
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.