Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OC wont get out the way

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

OC wont get out the way

There is two tradelines on CR and both are same account.

OC is WFFNATBANK, shows 0 balance, last active 2/2011, last time they reported 1/2012

CA is SECOND ROUND, shows 6,200+ balance, last active nothing, last time they reported 1/2015, opened 6/2013

I was thinking of DV the OC since they seemed to have abandoned my account with their last update being 2012. The fact is I owe this, according to DOFD this account should come off 2/2018. $6,000 is unaffordable. So I might wait till it falls off. No point in arguing "fraud" with Secound Round.

However, I would like to know if anyone has had success or if I might be able to remove the OC tradeline because its just duplicate and makes my baddies list look longer. If anyone has recommendations I would greatly appreciate.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: OC wont get out the way

@Anonymous wrote:

There is two tradelines on CR and both are same account.

OC is WFFNATBANK, shows 0 balance, last active 2/2011, last time they reported 1/2012

CA is SECOND ROUND, shows 6,200+ balance, last active nothing, last time they reported 1/2015, opened 6/2013

I was thinking of DV the OC since they seemed to have abandoned my account with their last update being 2012. The fact is I owe this, according to DOFD this account should come off 2/2018. $6,000 is unaffordable. So I might wait till it falls off. No point in arguing "fraud" with Secound Round.

However, I would like to know if anyone has had success or if I might be able to remove the OC tradeline because its just duplicate and makes my baddies list look longer. If anyone has recommendations I would greatly appreciate.

A DV is only used on a CA or JDB never an OC. The OC has evidently sold this account to the JDB Second Round as they have to report the balance as 0 once they do, they are out of the picture except for a possible GW letter campaign asking for removal of their TL. It is perfectly proper for the OC to report their TL and the JDB theirs. If this is outside states SOL you could make a reduced amount PFD offer to the CA though I might just let them alone as they have not reported since 01/15 and if they do now it will result in a FICO score drop.

Message 2 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

The OC recouped a small part when they charged off the debt, and an even smaller part when they sold the bad debt to the debt collector.

Now, whatever is eventually paid will go only to the new owner, and not the OC.

The end result is that the OC has taken a loss, and nothing you can now do will remove that fact.

Their feeling of good-will is likely a bit low........

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Both are allowed to be shown on your CR at the same time, so you get the double whammy from one 'incident'.

Sometimes, you can get a CA to accept a 'pay for delete', but not always.  I had about six OCs and about 4 CAs and none of them would accept a PFD.

I had the double hit showing for the full seven years, except a couple OCs dropped off from the times that a large publicized agreement with the CFPB or the FTC or the FDIC would have some larger OCs agree to drop listings, but you cant count on that happening often.

You can try a GW letter attempt after the debt has aged, but it will likely depend on if it has been settled or not.  Many people on here have sent letters asking for GW a few times a year for several years before getting success, and some never have received it.

Most likely, that OC will be in your way for the duration.

HTH

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.