Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ODOFD & SOL.

tag
jbishop1001
Frequent Contributor

ODOFD & SOL.

My loan officer needs my collections gone. understandable. I understand the difference between the SOL and how long items can be reported. however, i have ead it can be between 7 or 7 1/2 years. Im trying to figure out my original date of first delinquency, so this matters. My reports say they will fall off june/july 2015.

I am going to try PFD, but want to be sure im outside SOL first.

Also, ive read simply disputing with the ca's could get it removed bc they might not have a record of it? They certainly did last year when i disputed and they updated to unpaid. Help!

Starting Fico 8 Score: 571 EQ - 574 EX 605 TU Current Fico 8: 695 EQ 677 EX 709 TU
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: ODOFD & SOL.

@jbishop1001 wrote:

My loan officer needs my collections gone. understandable. I understand the difference between the SOL and how long items can be reported. however, i have ead it can be between 7 or 7 1/2 years. Im trying to figure out my original date of first delinquency, so this matters. My reports say they will fall off june/july 2015.

I am going to try PFD, but want to be sure im outside SOL first.

Also, ive read simply disputing with the ca's could get it removed bc they might not have a record of it? They certainly did last year when i disputed and they updated to unpaid. Help!

You need to look in the payment history  (of the OC) to find the first occurence of a 30 day late that leads to the CO if its not specified in a separate line. States SOL starts ticking at the DOFD as does the CRTP. You need to have an item reporting in error before you can use the dispute process but I would start with a DV to the CAs before offering a PFD. PFD is always your last resort and if you are not successful the first time try again.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.