cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OK EXPERTS! What do you think I should do?

tag
Derrick1977
Frequent Contributor

OK EXPERTS! What do you think I should do?

Hi Everyone.    OK, so from August of this year till tod, my scores have gone as follow.

EQ-523 to 667, EX -526 to 684 and TU-524 to 655.  

I just opened a capital one Platinum card  ($300) at the beginning of August and a QS1 ($500) at the end of August.   I hit the luv button for the both the Platinum and QS1 after the second statement and was was bumped up to $800 and $1500 respectively.   In October, I applied for an Auto loan through capital one and was give the max of $40000 but only used $22000 of it to finance a new car.  The downside of that is, the dealership ran my credit to about 10 different lenders trying to find a better APR than 4.1% (big mistake).   I took a few hits but my scores are those above.  As of today, I upgraded my platinum card to a QS card with cash rewards.    

I have a collection account on my TU only for $311.   Should I apply for anything else to maximize my credit scores and if so what do would you recommend?

Summary

1. Quicksilver One $1500 (credit steps, third statement)
  2. Quicksilver-$800 n(credit steps, 4 statement)
  3. Capital One Auto - $22000

Any help is greatly appreciated. 

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: OK EXPERTS! What do you think I should do?

I would chk cap one pre qual for recommended cards. You may find QS Rewards Sig Visa or Venture.

It may also help to have a small personal installment loan reporting, in addition to the auto loan.
Message 2 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Derrick1977 wrote:

Hi Everyone.    OK, so from August of this year till tod, my scores have gone as follow.

EQ-523 to 667, EX -526 to 684 and TU-524 to 655.  

I just opened a capital one Platinum card  ($300) at the beginning of August and a QS1 ($500) at the end of August.   I hit the luv button for the both the Platinum and QS1 after the second statement and was was bumped up to $800 and $1500 respectively.   In October, I applied for an Auto loan through capital one and was give the max of $40000 but only used $22000 of it to finance a new car.  The downside of that is, the dealership ran my credit to about 10 different lenders trying to find a better APR than 4.1% (big mistake).   I took a few hits but my scores are those above.  As of today, I upgraded my platinum card to a QS card with cash rewards.    

I have a collection account on my TU only for $311.   Should I apply for anything else to maximize my credit scores and if so what do would you recommend?

Summary

1. Quicksilver One $1500 (credit steps, third statement)
  2. Quicksilver-$800 n(credit steps, 4 statement)
  3. Capital One Auto - $22000

Any help is greatly appreciated. 

I would add a third card to the mix - with high 600 scores it should not be too difficult finding one....Discover seems to like thin files.

Message 3 of 24
Derrick1977
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for responding you all.   I checked the CO pre-qual and the only thing that comes up is what you see below.    Are there any cards that pull strictly from Experian that you would recommend?

Primary Benefit
Earn unlimited 1.5% cash back on every purchase, every day
Purchase APR
0% intro APR until September 2016; 22.9% variable APR after that
Transfer Information
0% intro APR until September 2016; 22.9% variable APR after that; No Transfer Fee
Annual Fee
$39
We also suggest:
Primary Benefit
Get the credit you need with no annual fee
Purchase APR
24.9% variable APR
Transfer Information
24.9% variable APR; No Transfer Fee
Annual Fee
$0

For card offers that feature a cash or miles rewards bonus, the bonus may not be available for existing or previous accountholders.

Message 4 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just looked in forums, appears AMEX mostly does, but YMMV. You can check credit pulls database to see cards by EX only and for your state. GL!
Message 5 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

On the CO pre qual site, what did you say for Credit? Average or Rebuilding?
Message 6 of 24
Derrick1977
Frequent Contributor

i put down average. 

Message 7 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Surprised given your scores. Discover as Norman suggests best option.
Message 8 of 24
Derrick1977
Frequent Contributor

OK

Message 9 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a 12 yr mortgage reporting which helps, and no baddies for accts on TU.
Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.