cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OK Now I have Cap One Platinum...what's the best way to...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

OK Now I have Cap One Platinum...what's the best way to...

Now that I have Capital One Platinum with a SL of $3,000 it was approved yesterday.

My goal is to PC to QS and maybe PC into Venture later on and at the same time, CLIs too. Hence here I ask what and WHEN is the best way to do it? Can you list them so I can follow and try?

Example: 3 months, ask for PC to QS, 5 months, ask for CLI, 7 months ask for PC to Venture, 12 months as for CLI, etc...

I don't plan to open any more bank cards, including Capital One because I want to garden (*laughs*) till I apply for mortgage on or after my 2nd year post BK7 discharge date which will be mid-June, 2017.

Thanks everyone for the encouragements all these time when I struggled to find out when my blacklist would be over LOL! Y'all rock! Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Kikimin
New Contributor

Re: OK Now I have Cap One Platinum...what's the best way to...

After the second statement (I have seen some get it sooner) cuts you can PC to QS as well as ask for CLI. If you are in the credit steps you will get another auto CLI when your 6th statement cuts. I will find the post all about this and post it on here so you can follow it.
My FICO8 as of 4/1/16 EQ: 544 TU: 586 EX: 599
Starting FICO8 3/11/16 EQ:539 TU:593 EX:580
Message 2 of 6
Kikimin
New Contributor

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/From-0-to-23K-in-10-weeks-REVISED/td-p/450652...
My FICO8 as of 4/1/16 EQ: 544 TU: 586 EX: 599
Starting FICO8 3/11/16 EQ:539 TU:593 EX:580
Message 3 of 6
huck1081
Regular Contributor

I was able to PC after having the card for a week. I was bored one day, so I called and it worked. 

Starting: EQ 501 TU 514 EX 533 (12/2014)
Current: EQ 613 TU 625 EX 615 (4/1/2016) Goal: 640 and a new home loan
Message 4 of 6
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

I hit the luv button after 3rd staement hit. Doubled from 2k to 4k. 4 days later PC to QS MC.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Now that I have Capital One Platinum with a SL of $3,000 it was approved yesterday.

My goal is to PC to QS and maybe PC into Venture later on and at the same time, CLIs too. Hence here I ask what and WHEN is the best way to do it? Can you list them so I can follow and try?

Example: 3 months, ask for PC to QS, 5 months, ask for CLI, 7 months ask for PC to Venture, 12 months as for CLI, etc...

I don't plan to open any more bank cards, including Capital One because I want to garden (*laughs*) till I apply for mortgage on or after my 2nd year post BK7 discharge date which will be mid-June, 2017.

Thanks everyone for the encouragements all these time when I struggled to find out when my blacklist would be over LOL! Y'all rock! Smiley Happy

You can pretty much ask for the QS upgarade at any time. The first CLI will often be granted after the account hits 60 days, and you have made at least two payments.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.