cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OLD ACCOUNTS W/120+ LATES..WHAT DO I DO?

tag
butterflygirlinluv
Regular Contributor

OLD ACCOUNTS W/120+ LATES..WHAT DO I DO?

hello all!!
I have a few accounts from 2003 and 2006. that were 'legally paid in full for less' but have many 120+ day lates. During those 2 times I was going through financial issues..changing jobs, decrease in pay, etc. What should I do? write GW letters for all accounts? Will this help my scores at all?

THANK YOU THANK YOU!!

my scores:
EQ 536
EX  607
TU 588
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: OLD ACCOUNTS W/120+ LATES..WHAT DO I DO?

butterflygirlinluv wrote:
hello all!!
I have a few accounts from 2003 and 2006. that were 'legally paid in full for less' but have many 120+ day lates. During those 2 times I was going through financial issues..changing jobs, decrease in pay, etc. What should I do? write GW letters for all accounts? Will this help my scores at all?

THANK YOU THANK YOU!!

my scores:
EQ 536
EX  607
TU 588

Removing those will help in a big way.

If these lates appeared after your final settlement payment, then you should fight it.

If not, then start with the GWs. I'd suggest writing them using the address on your CR first, then slowly expand to new addresses and begin to add specific contact names (pres. CEO, etc.) . Some creditors are long-shots. If they say no or they say they cannot change, send more anyway.

If an OC, another option is to try calling.

If a CA, don't call, but try a DV if attempts at a GW don't work.

Finally, last option would be to offer a PFD on the difference between the settlement amount and the total amount due. Hwoever, I only found one success story every by doing that (OC deleted w/out a pmt).
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.