Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OLD CITI GW Letter (Successful)

tag
ntg187
Established Member

OLD CITI GW Letter (Successful)

Hey, this is a letter I found that I submitted to CITI back in January of 2010.  I had sent it via Planetfeedback (which if you dont know sends the message via email to the company CEO / President).  The account was actually a CO account but I didnt mention that in the letter... the result was the tradeline being listed as current/closed.  The CO was removed as were all the lates.  I assume the CEO just told someone in his office to fix it and that was the result.  Letter is as follows:

In regards to Account 542418102426XXXX opened July of 2000 and closed in November of 2007.

I have been a Citigroup customer since July of 2000 and during that time, I have enjoyed my experience with Citigroup greatly. I am writing to see if you would be willing to make a "goodwill" adjustment to your reporting to the three credit agencies. I have four late payments on the above referenced account that date back to 2007 where I was over 120 days late.

Because of my exceptional payment history over the 7 years prior to that incident, I would like you to consider removing the negative payments from my credit report. At the time of the late payments, I was in the process of deploying to Iraq with 3rd ACR. I say that not to justify why the payments were late, but rather to show that the late payments are not a good indicator of my actual credit worthiness. I hope that Citigroup is willing to work with me on erasing this mark from my credit reports.

I have been a very happy customer in the past and would like to rebuild a credit relationship with Citigroup. As im sure you can see I have worked hard to rebuild my credit standing by using my newly obtained credit responsibly. Citigroup has been exceptional in my book so far and I would like to return and become a customer once again. I hope that you will deeply consider my request and prove once again, why Citigroup is heads above the rest. I look forward to your reply.

Thank you for your time,

XXXXXXXXXX

Starting (01/01/11) : Approx 520
Current (11/17/11) : TU-679 / EQ-656 / EX-??
Goal (01/01/13) : >780 (all)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
crackiein
Valued Member

Re: OLD CITI GW Letter (Successful)

Congrats on your GW success ...  And thank you for your service to our Country!!!

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.