Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OMG, Help!!!

tag
enragedjerry
Contributor

OMG, Help!!!

So today I went to check my bank acc and was astonished when  a $-1680.00 happened to show under my checkings acc. So I called up my bank and asked for helped, all they gave me was a number for some douchebag lawyer in NYC, [Edited by marinevietvet to remove personal information] 

I must of called his office about 15 times and couldn't get through. I am concerned, because I know I owed Chase but this was so long ago that im not sure what the amount was.

Can someone please shed some light on the subject, what can I do? If this happens to be the debt from Chase, is there a payment plan that can be offered to help me pay. Or can I fight this off. Thank you people so much.

3 REPLIES 3
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: OMG, Help!!!

Hello,

I'm sorry for what happened to you but I had to remove the name of the lawyer in the title and within the post. Information like that is not allowed in the public forum's per the Terms of Service which prohibit:

• Any personal information belonging either to the poster or another person, including, but not limited to, full name, address, phone number, email address, social media accounts (Facebook, Linkedin, etc.);

• You can certainly exchange PM's with anyone about this. I hope you understand and I also hope you can get some good advice about this.

-marinevietvet, myFICO moderator

Message 2 of 4
    JayRizzo
    Established Contributor

The law states only a Garnishment or Lien can take the available amount, not overdraft someone's account by almost $1700.  Unless, you had pending items and they debited the amount owed that caused a snowball effect (took their money, then all of your pending transactions bounced + NSF fees, etc).  Also, the money isn't gone... it's just sitting in a holding state for 14 days to give you enough time to file a Writ to release garnishment or lien while you make payment arrangements, etc.

Message 3 of 4
    enragedjerry
    Contributor

I have no choice but to pay, my only hope is that they set up payment arrangements for me. This sucks BIG TIME....

Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.