Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OMG, I Got Approved for a New Car!!!!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

OMG, I Got Approved for a New Car!!!!!!

I just want to thank everyone on this board who post and respond with helpful information! Since starting my credit recovery journey in November 2014, I was unable to get approved for a new car, not even with a cosigner and if I did the apr was over 20%. After finding this forum and taking all the advice that was suggested to me I was able to get approved for a new car this weekend! A new 2015 Mazda Cx5!

I'm so thankful to you all for helping me get on the right path! Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: OMG, I Got Approved for a New Car!!!!!!

@Anonymous wrote:

I just want to thank everyone on this board who post and respond with helpful information! Since starting my credit recovery journey in November 2014, I was unable to get approved for a new car, not even with a cosigner and if I did the apr was over 20%. After finding this forum and taking all the advice that was suggested to me I was able to get approved for a new car this weekend! A new 2015 Mazda Cx5!

I'm so thankful to you all for helping me get on the right path! Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

Congrats on the new ride..

Message 2 of 20
jbsea
Established Contributor

Congrats!!! that is what started all this for me... I wanted a new car and when I looked at my credit score I decided I needed to work on that first.  Good to see someone else having success!!!

Amex Gold / Amex Platinum / Amex Marriott Brilliant/ Amex BCP/ Capital One Venture (AU) / Capital One Savor One/ Discover / NFCU Cash Rewards / BOA Unlimited Cash Rewards / NFCU GO Rewards (AU) / Amex EDP / NFCU Flagship Rewards / Chase Freedom (AU) / Capital One QuickSilver / Citi Costco (AU) / Amex Delta
Message 3 of 20
vertekal
Regular Contributor

Congrats! .. we plan to get a CX5 once I'm no longer upside down in my current loan and can trade my car in. 

if I may ask, who financed you and what kind of APR did they give?

FICO 8:
EQ: 1/2018: 494 | 4/2021: 652 (+158)
TU: 1/2018: 536 | 4/2021: 657 (+121)
EX: 1/2018: 499 | 4/2021: 641 (+142)

Mortgage Scores:
EQ: 9/2020: 560 | 4/2021: 648 (+88)
TU: 9/2020: 564 | 4/2021: 649 (+85)
EX: 9/2020: 576 | 4/2021: 672 (+96)

Message 4 of 20
Rina528
Established Member

CONGRATS!!! WHOO HOO!!Smiley LOL

Starting My Fico Scores on 3/10/15: XPN 535,EFX 540 TUC 599
1st Goal Score-600
Message 5 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey, We were financed thru CPS @ 13.45%! Hope that helps! Good Luck.

P.S. I was upside down on my note. I owed almost $4,000 on my other car and still traded it in. I will refinance in a year for a lower note though!

Message 6 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you!

Message 7 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you! I was so shocked that I was approved I almost cried. It's been a long time coming! lol.

Message 8 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you! 

Message 9 of 20
Sheridan
Regular Contributor

Congrats! I got rid of my new Nissan for a big 'ol 03 Yukon. I had one before the Nissan and regretted selling it everyday. It must have something to do with my whole family being over 6' feet tall lol. We just couldn't fit in the Nissan comfortably. 😂
Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.