Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OMG I think i was dooped...

tag
swtneka
Frequent Contributor

OMG I think i was dooped...

I did a PFD on a medical account that recently popped up on our CR cuz of a mortgage inquiry. Anyway when I was talking to the guy I told him that I would pay the account if he would delete it off our credit file. He agrees. I tell him I need this in writing he tells me he is going to send it to me by email. I got the email while I was on the phone and couldn't open it cuz it was sent in windows format and don't have windows on my lap top. So I pay the bill 293 and then he tells me that there is a charge of 8.00 dollars to delete off of all CR now I have never heard of this but I want this gone so I pay it. It was a total of 301.00.   He sends me the bill and tells me that I can expect the deletion off my reports in 30-60 days. I was finally able to open the file that he first sent me and it was just a detail report of his collection. I feel so stupid now and I am sure he wont delete it. He says he is going to mail a letter saying that they deleted it but again I am sure I got dooped.

Has anyone ever been charged a fee to delete? Im thinking that its a charge for using a debit card and he just was playing me. The reciept he sent doesnt say what the additional charge was for. It just shows a charge of 301.00

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
InvincibleSummer3
Established Contributor

Re: OMG I think i was dooped...

It's relatively rare to get a PFD in writing; I've had situations similar to yours and the CA followed through. If I could get a collection gone for $8 I would jump at that opportunity, believe me.

You don't know that they won't delete. Give it time. Wait out the 30-60 days, and then see where you are. Rebuilding is a marathon, not a sprint. Hang in there.

Message 2 of 6
swtneka
Frequent Contributor

Thanks summer i plan to w8 it out for as long as i can....

Message 3 of 6
CashOnDelivery
Established Contributor

@InvincibleSummer3 wrote:

It's relatively rare to get a PFD in writing; I've had situations similar to yours and the CA followed through. If I could get a collection gone for $8 I would jump at that opportunity, believe me.

You don't know that they won't delete. Give it time. Wait out the 30-60 days, and then see where you are. Rebuilding is a marathon, not a sprint. Hang in there.

+1 Some CA's update their data 1-2 times a month. I did a PFD last month and it took about month for it to update on my CR.

2010: 475 EQ 2011: 503 EQ 2012: 600 EQ2013:632 EQ
Starting Score: 634 EQ-3/13/13
Current Score: 706 EQ-8/29/13 703 EX-7/12/13 705 TU-8/9/13
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 6
enharu
Super Contributor

In the meantime, you could call once or twice just to make sure they're deleting it.

It does take time though. When Chase agreed to remove 1 of the inquiries from my CR, it took about 6 weeks for the inquiry to be taken off my CR. I know an inquiry is entirely different from a collection record, but what I'm trying to say is just wait it out. 

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 5 of 6
swtneka
Frequent Contributor

Thanks yall i will w8 it out.  FX

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.