Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OMG!!!! My GW worked!

tag
brytesmyle
Established Member

OMG!!!! My GW worked!

I took a chance, and sent a GW letter to my former auto lender CPS (Consumer Portfolio Services), and land sakes alive!!!!........it actually worked. Woo hoo!!!

This is what was being reported on my CRs when I GW'd them:

TU showed: 30/30/60/90

EX showed: 30/30/60/90/CO (YES, charge-off) - It was actually repo'd but I got it back the next day!

EQ shows: 30/30/60/90

I emailed every high ranking official at the company: CEO, CFO, VP of this, VP of that (7 executives total). And mind you, it was no easy feat getting their names & email addresses, but thanks to the good old internet - I found them.

I emailed them all on August 6th, never got a reply from anyone and then today, pulled my 3 CRs from truecredit and I see that 2 of the 3 CRAs have been updated! No lates!! I did notice that there is an EQ inquiry from them as of 8/13 - so I'm hoping that the last CB will be updated.

I am just sooooo thrilled. This account was my most recent delinquency (<1yr) so I know it's contributing greatly to my low scores. Hopefully with this correction, I'll see a big boost in my scores.

I'll keep you posted!

Thanks my fellow myFICOers....you rock!!

brytesmyle

8/17/09: TU 610 / EX 652 / EQ 661
8/13/09: TU 600 / EX 572 / EQ 621
7/13/09: TU 595 / EX 568 / EQ 606
6/13/09: TU 614 / EX 539 / EQ 597
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
DI
Super Contributor

Re: OMG!!!! My GW worked!

Congrats!  I recently email the CEO of GE and got my account deleted from the reports. I was late 120 days for two different years.  It was hurting my score alot.   I never received an email back.  I just noticed the account were gone. 

I later recevied a letter in the mail in response to my email to the CEO. I was told the account wouldn't be deleted.  But a response to a complaint I filed with BBB said the account would be deleted.  After after, despite what the letter that came in the mail said, the account was deleted and my score increased by 42 points with EQ.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

do you have a sample letter for a GW?  i need to send out a few myself.  i have a mortgage acct that was sold from GMAC that has two 30 days, even though it was sold to another bank is it worth asking for the lates to be removed?  Another thing, were you just asking for the lates to be deleted, or did you ask ask for the whole acct?  or is up to the lender to GW to lates or delete the acct all together?
Message 3 of 6
brytesmyle
Established Member

@Anonymous wrote:
do you have a sample letter for a GW?  i need to send out a few myself.  i have a mortgage acct that was sold from GMAC that has two 30 days, even though it was sold to another bank is it worth asking for the lates to be removed?  Another thing, were you just asking for the lates to be deleted, or did you ask ask for the whole acct?  or is up to the lender to GW to lates or delete the acct all together?

I used the sample GW letter posted here by Tuscani (thanks Tuscani!!!) - and I modified it for my situation.

They didn't delete the entire tradeline, just the changed the lates & CO to reflect paid on time . I didn't ask them to delete the entire TL because I need it to stay on my CR to show that I do have a loan as a TL.

Just enter sample GW in the search feature and you'll find the sample letters. Good luck!

Message 4 of 6
brytesmyle
Established Member

UPDATE: My EQ scores jumped 28 points!!! Woo hoo!

8/16/09 = EQ 661

8/05/09 = EQ 633

Message 5 of 6
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Thanks for the HOPE!!

My lates and CO are from  late2003,2004 & early 2005 .

I was just going over my CR's to see who to write my GW to.

Congrats to you...It doesn't hurt to try , maybe it will work for us too Smiley Surprised

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.