cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OMG This Gardening is killing me......Vent.

tag
Creditwiser
Valued Contributor

OMG This Gardening is killing me......Vent.

Why today. Why am I sitting here reading threads and contemplating my next move when my only move is to be quiet and sit in this garden for many months to come. This really bites sometimes Smiley Sad

In a few days I will be 9 months post disch and my scores are doing much better than I expected.  Im just a few points from hitting 700 and anything I do other than sit here and pay the bills will jeopardize that. My Util is a nice 6% and everything is in order. Still, I want more. I crave progress and CLI's. I need to see things moving forward if only from a deleted 30 day late or a measly $200 CLI.  Right now things are stagnant and Im going stir crazy.

There, Im done.  Thank you Fico community for the opportunity to type this out.......UGH

NFCU Visa 30k | NFCU Platinum 30k | Cap1 QS 12K | Cap1 QS 11.5K | Barclay MC 9k | Delta Gold Amex 30K | Discover IT 14K | CFNA FS 3200 | CareCredit 20k| Paypal Credit 5k |
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

Re: OMG This Gardening is killing me......Vent.

Your are doing just great...stay strong ..and in garden and you will see the flowers grow even faster   Smiley Very Happy 

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

After doing all of the work it takes to get rid of baddies it's hard to just sit back and garden.  If you are like me you pretty much obsessed over your credit throughout your rebuild and monitored every little score change.  Maybe there's a point you get to where you've done enough to get "good" credit, and you sit back and let your AAoA, CLs, and UTL take you from good to excellent.

Message 3 of 7
Creditwiser
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

After doing all of the work it takes to get rid of baddies it's hard to just sit back and garden.  If you are like me you pretty much obsessed over your credit throughout your rebuild and monitored every little score change.  Maybe there's a point you get to where you've done enough to get "good" credit, and you sit back and let your AAoA, CLs, and UTL take you from good to excellent.

Yes, you're correct. I do get obsessed over my credit, the scores and the work on thee baddies.  There are still a few what I would consider baddies to work on which I actively pursue but for the most part eveything is IIB and I'm letting the accounts age.  I spend more time now a days working on the DW's CR's. She did not file BK along with me but has many baddies to deal with and her scores are currently lower than mine.  Actually I had a big win last Friday with a deleted Judgement on her TU and several medical collections that went bye bye as well. Still there's more to do and its hard to take a break from it all.  I also think you're right on that time when all there is to do is wait for the next score bracket. The next bucket to get dumped in and wait for really good scores. For me there's a limit with a BK but I'm okay with that as long as I get there.  Thanks !

NFCU Visa 30k | NFCU Platinum 30k | Cap1 QS 12K | Cap1 QS 11.5K | Barclay MC 9k | Delta Gold Amex 30K | Discover IT 14K | CFNA FS 3200 | CareCredit 20k| Paypal Credit 5k |
Message 4 of 7
Creditwiser
Valued Contributor

@lg8302ch wrote:

Your are doing just great...stay strong ..and in garden and you will see the flowers grow even faster   Smiley Very Happy 

Yes. I will do just that. Stay strong and stay put. But I can see that I will have to whine and complain about it while doing so. Kind of embarrasing Smiley Embarassed

Message 5 of 7
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

@Creditwiser wrote:

@lg8302ch wrote:

Yes. I will do just that. Stay strong and stay put. But I can see that I will have to whine and complain about it while doing so. Kind of embarrasing Smiley Embarassed

Lol...sometimes it is just human nature. Short story: there is a drawbridge (several) here over the Intracoastal waterway (I'm in S Fl) that has to raise to allow the boats/ships/yachts come through. Some people complain because they have to wait 15 minutes for the bridge to go up, the yacht/ship/boat to pass and the bridge to come down. Now this is usually most noticeable when the sun is shining the water is sparkling and the weather is beautiful. And yet the people in the cars complain...lol. Smiley Surprised

It could be that you need a distraction to remain in the garden to keep from looking at the yachts passing by on the Intracoastal waterway.....Smiley Tongue

Message 6 of 7
Creditwiser
Valued Contributor

@StartingOver10 wrote:

@Creditwiser wrote:

@lg8302ch wrote:

Lol...sometimes it is just human nature. Short story: there is a drawbridge (several) here over the Intracoastal waterway (I'm in S Fl) that has to raise to allow the boats/ships/yachts come through. Some people complain because they have to wait 15 minutes for the bridge to go up, the yacht/ship/boat to pass and the bridge to come down. Now this is usually most noticeable when the sun is shining the water is sparkling and the weather is beautiful. And yet the people in the cars complain...lol. Smiley Surprised

It could be that you need a distraction to remain in the garden to keep from looking at the yachts passing by on the Intracoastal waterway.....Smiley Tongue

Too funny. I love the analogy. Although I dont live there, I'm very familiar with the areas there and the intracoastal.   I know things are not that bad and definitely could be worse for someone in my credit situation, I do realize ( with your help) that it's not so bad being here and Im on the right track , um, bridge . Soon the bridge will lower and I'll be on my way to the sunny beach  Smiley Wink thanks, Cheers !

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.