cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OMG! This community has helped so much!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

OMG! This community has helped so much!!

Hi, all! I found this community a month ago and I have been up late nights reading post after post in an effort to rebuild my credit. My starting scores were as follows: EQ 528; Ex 512; TU 561. (Really poor) I listened to the advice offered here and I recently applied for a Fingerhut account and an OpenSky secured card. I applied for Fingerhut on Monday. I was approved for a $300 credit limit. I ordered two things (underwear for the hubby and towels) for a total of $45. I paid the downpayment of $30 and an extra $30 towards the balance on the same day. Last night, I got a notification that the account has already reported.  My EX score went up another 17 points! I am still waiting to see the change on TU and EQ. 

So far, my scores have increased as follows: EQ 566; TU 581; EX 576!  Still have a long ways to go, but I am so hopeful! OpenSky has not reported yet. I opened it on the same day as Fingerhut. 

UPDATE: My scores have all increased (see signature below) from 40 to 96 points! In just two months. They are still low, but I have finally broken 600. I cannot wait until I can say I have broken 700 and beyond!!!

Thank you all so much!!! 

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

Re: OMG! This community has helped so much!!

Congrats on starting your journey!

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you! I started this journey on 5/2. I know it takes time, so I am looking forward to what my scores will be in a year from now. I don't ever want to look back!

Message 3 of 12
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

Have you tried Cap1 prequal site? Having a third revolving account will help too.

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry! I guess I should have stated that I have two Quicksilver One cards from Cap 1 ($850 CL & $420 CL). The card with the lower limit was an Orchard Bank Card. Capital One stuck with me while I destroyed my credit, but I obviously did not get an CLIs. Recently got a $100 increase on both cards. I also have a Lord & Taylor card with a $750 CL. I had a Bestbuy account but Citi closed it. The balance is $0. I also had a card for The Limited, but the store closed so the card will be soon. 

Do retail cards count as a third bank card? As of right now, Capital One and Capital Bank are the only two banks offering me credit. 

Message 5 of 12
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

They don't count as bank cards but they definitely count as credit cards. Sounds like you're doing great on your rebuild. I would garden for awhile while working on any negative accounts that you can.

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's the plan! Thanks again!

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow how did your finger hut report so fast? I am still waiting for mine, but I'm not in the fresh start program.
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have no idea! I was so shocked when I got the notification. I definitely wasn't expecting it. When did you get approved?
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.