Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OMG Waiting is the hardest part!

tag
Sdenisew
Regular Contributor

OMG Waiting is the hardest part!

Security Check agreed to PFD for 8 baddies on my report. They've been paid already and I just have to wait 30-45 days. I know patience is a virtue but this is killing me! I keep wondering how many points my score will increase if any. It's going to feel soooooo good to not see them online my CRs anymore.

I seriously thought about faxing the letter to EX, EQ, & TU in the hope that it will happen immediately. I think I should wait... right?

01/30/09
TU-582
EX-507
01/25/09
EQ-504
As of 02/08/09 EQ-508

03/03/08
TU-599
EQ-511
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
mymoneynow
Regular Contributor

Re: OMG Waiting is the hardest part!

Just wait it out! If you send copies of the letter from Security Check, it may be construed as a dispute by CRAs. So just be patient, breathe, take a walk, start a new book, or do early spring cleaning. The month will pass before you finish the last drawer or closet.Smiley Very Happy

Regular Contributor

@mymoneynow wrote:

Just wait it out! If you send copies of the letter from Security Check, it may be construed as a dispute by CRAs. So just be patient, breathe, take a walk, start a new book, or do early spring cleaning. The month will pass before you finish the last drawer or closet.Smiley Very Happy

Wayyyy easier said than done, but I got a new Nikon D80 so I'll be spending this month prettying to be a professional photographer! I'm also going to pay off more debt!!!!!! 

01/30/09
TU-582
EX-507
01/25/09
EQ-504
As of 02/08/09 EQ-508

03/03/08
TU-599
EQ-511
Message 3 of 6
PayingTheBills
Frequent Contributor

I hear you on this.  I just sent off a PFD and two GW letters.  Hopefully all goes well, but it's hard to be patient.

If I knew 4 years ago what I know now about credit responsibility, my score would be in the 700's.

If there's anything I've learned from reading EVERY thread I can find here at myfico.com, it's that "slow and steady wins the race." 

I'm paying off my student loans  in half the time by paying an extra $200 a month.

I'm paying down my credit card from 85% util four months ago to 50% util now, and I will be under 10% by May.

I'm working on a couple PFD's for some CA's and a couple GW's for some paid CA's.

As you can see, my scores were (and sorta still are) in the toilet, but I'm young (23), so I have time to make it right.

In this economy, its even more important to have a strong credit profile, I want to be at 760 by age 30.

Good luck to you.  This forum has been a HUGE help for me, I've lurked for a while and finally decided to register.

Starting Score: 540 EQ 517 TU on 11/17/08
Current Score: 668 EQ 726 TU
Goal Score: 760 EQ 760 TU

My Credit Repair Journal
Message 4 of 6
valley_man0505
Established Contributor

I had a CA pfd about 10 baddies for me a couple months ago too.  I was pretty proud as I showed a lot of patience and waited the 30-45 days and suddenly, they were gone...kind of.  Only half of them were deleted and the other half were updated as paid.  I called the CA and they said the ones that were updated as paid would be deleted in their next wave of reporting.  Well, it darn near killed me to wait the first 30-45 days and I couldn't wait anymore.  I looked into online dispute process around that same time because I wanted to dispute a judgment that I had deleted.  While doing the online dispute with TU, one of the reasons I could select for disputing was "creditor agreed to delete".  So, I tried this option, and the remaining accounts were deleted within 2 days!  On a side note, the judgment was also deleted very quickly.
Message Edited by valley_man0505 on 01-30-2009 12:26 PM
Message 5 of 6
Sdenisew
Regular Contributor

@valley_man0505 wrote:
I had a CA pfd about 10 baddies for me a couple months ago too.  I was pretty proud as I showed a lot of patience and waited the 30-45 days and suddenly, they were gone...kind of.  Only half of them were deleted and the other half were updated as paid.  I called the CA and they said the ones that were updated as paid would be deleted in their next wave of reporting.  Well, it darn near killed me to wait the first 30-45 days and I couldn't wait anymore.  I looked into online dispute process around that same time because I wanted to dispute a judgment that I had deleted.  While doing the online dispute with TU, one of the reasons I could select for disputing was "creditor agreed to delete".  So, I tried this option, and the remaining accounts were deleted within 2 days!  On a side note, the judgment was also deleted very quickly.
Message Edited by valley_man0505 on 01-30-2009 12:26 PM

I thought about going that route, but only after I wait the longest 30-45 days of my life! Another CA agreed to PFD 9 baddies so I stopped into their office today to get the agreement signed, sealed, and paid. The lady there said it would only be about 10 days for them because they send it electronically whereas other CA will request the deletions by mail. RJM listed an account on my CR that wasn't mine. I called on Wednesday and it's gone as of today.

So far this board as been outstanding in the support department because I would have given up a longggg time ago. I started with 35 baddies. With the pending deletions and a few corrections I'm left with 13. I have a long way to go, but I've cleared up over half in less than a month.  I can't wait to see what my score will look like.

01/30/09
TU-582
EX-507
01/25/09
EQ-504
As of 02/08/09 EQ-508

03/03/08
TU-599
EQ-511
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.